Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Street Glide won't start can you help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:24 AM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Street Glide won't start can you help?

Here is my stupid Q that does not contribute to solving your problem but.... Why did you have the alarm set to pull the battery? This is the whole part that makes absolutly no sense to me at all. Are you that worried some one will steal it? Judging by the pic of your bike you have a butifull house in a good neighborhood, why have the alarm on and pull the batt??? I dont mean to be coming off like a d!ck, so I hope it does not apear that way, but I just dont get it.

KB

Old 02-04-2006, 01:31 AM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You just know this is going to turn out to be something dog simple and we all will be going "WTF????" when we find out the solution.

Old 02-04-2006, 02:00 AM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

KBES BAGGER - I'm not sure if my alram was set or not back in Novemeber. If I were guess I didn't have it on when I pulled the battery. I'm a car guy so my expirience with cars and their inner workings are pretty extensive and I know once the battery is pulled you loose everything no matter where you were say with the alarm system. I WOULD'VE never thought I had to follow a procedure to remove the battery nor did I think there would be a problem when reinstalling a battery. And if in fact that is how the security system works kudos to HD, my insurance company should know what we/I or the thugs need to go through to get a stolen bike back on the road. This is a hellva security system in my mind if it disables the bike totally even when a battery has been removed.

As far as having the alarm on when at home... I try to use it when I'm not riding my SG. I figure it is a good habit to have (activating the alarm when not in use) even if it is in my garage. I figure the one time I don't set it that will be the time the I wish I would have.

Oh and the neighborhood, it's a decent area and my house is OK but that doesn;t make a difference because my neighbor 2 doors down had his alarm bypassed on his house, door lock jimmied, his safe was broken into and they got 250K in cash + another 200k in jewelry and photog equipment on a bright and sunny afternoon during the week last summer. Get this, the neighbor across the street seen two asian guys leaving the house too and just assumed becasue the owner (whose home was broken into) is asian they either worked for him or were friends of his so she didn't think twice about it. Low and behold they were the ones cleaning him out of nearly 500k in ****. That is no BS either. So you never know, if they want it bad enough they'll do what they can to try and get it. I'm not going to make easy for them either.

AK_Hog_Herder - I hope it's that simple [&:]

Old 02-04-2006, 08:28 AM
wildpig
Banned

I feel for you and hope you get everything straightened out quickly. Your bike is gorgeous how did you get the black out front end?

The black air cleaner is that a Harley accessory I like that as well-

Old 02-04-2006, 12:38 PM
KBES BAGGER
Road Master

ORIGINAL: wildpig
how did you get the black out front end?
Right out of the HD p&a book, you should pick one up there is a ton of crap in them thing's.

KB

Old 02-04-2006, 12:47 PM
2006streetglide
Road Captain

well 1st thing this morning I pulled the outer fairing, checked and double checked all my connections, un hooked the battery, checked the voltage (12.65 volts), checked the maxi fuse, and all fuses (even the EFI , system relay) for continuity yet still no sign of life in the bike other than being able to arm and disarm the alarm. Not even any voltage at the power point (aka cigarette lighter).

I'm lost and confused at this point. [X(]

Anyone?

Old 02-04-2006, 01:39 PM
William
Tourer

will itg let you access any of the trouble codes through the signals...........

Old 02-04-2006, 02:03 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Did you call the dealer yet?? I talked with the dealer here and first thing he said was talking the battery out with a security system was a no-no, so I am thinking that the problem is within the security system and that there should be some sort of reset in the manual???

Bob

Old 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes, there is a published procedure in the owners manual for when you pull the battery out of the scoot.

And glide said he performed that one.

Jeff,
Can you access the DTC codes?

1. Put the run switch in the run position
2. Press and hold the trip meter reset on the odometer
3. Turn IGN switch to IGN
4. Release trip reset
5. Does diag appear in the odo window?

If yes, report what codes are displayed

Got to go to a meeting but I will be checking back. I still think it's something dirt simple. That is what usually trips me up. And you should get a headlight even with the alarm tripped.

Also, report any sequence of flashing lights or idiot lights on the speedo or turnsignals.

Thanks
Mike

Old 02-04-2006, 02:18 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member

It could be the alarm went into sleep mode prior to battery removal if the alarm was set. Or it's in transport mode or any of the other dozens of "modes".

Remember, these things are lying deceitful things. Kind of like females. j/k ladies

Quick Reply: My Street Glide won't start can you help?