Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake dust works quick!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Brake dust works quick!

Man am I pissed. I even knew better. I read this post and checked my wheels and sure enough, the rear one has some light pitting. I only rode around 100 miles since December and didn't think it would corrode. Now I'm wearing my fingers down to nubs with a can of Mothers metal polish.
Gary D.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:44 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts

ORIGINAL: g money

Man am I pissed. I even knew better. I read this post and checked my wheels and sure enough, the rear one has some light pitting. I only rode around 100 miles since December and didn't think it would corrode. Now I'm wearing my fingers down to nubs with a can of Mothers metal polish.
Gary D.
Gary, while you are there, take brake cleaner & that little hose & kind of squirt it inside of the pads/caliper pistons also. If your wheels are bad what do you think the pistons and inside of calipers look like. Try and dab a little never-seize on the pins so your pads slide nicely, you can do it with a Q-tip. When you take your calipers off throw a little brake grease (not to be confused with grease) on your piston/pad contact point. Let it harden a little (think silicone weather chalking but different) so it keeps it away from your piston/pads for the noise (isolator). These are the things that do not cost money and maybe get you out of some "Honey-Do's". Just a thought. Remember, we all will stop but with a little PM, the results might be kinder.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:25 PM
cherry bomb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+ 1 for heavy K, Howard is great to talk to and the pointers that are above are great also. Did what he said and have great results. Brakes fell better got rid of the metallic dust.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:41 PM
g money
Account Retired
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Howard, will do!
Gary D.