Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake dust works quick!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
mrblister
Elite HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Brake dust works quick!

I went to the EBC website and downloaded the North America Catalog PDF. Pads for 08 Touring models are on page 12. Info on pads says organic pads are Kevlar.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:29 AM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know howthe rotors hold up with the Lyndalls? I've been running the hd oem pads for 45k miles now and my rotorsare in great shape. I am considering the Gold Plus series for my next pad change but am concerned about the rotors.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 AM
heavy K
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bertk

Where's a good place to purchase Lyndall brake pads?
there is a member and sponser of this forum "fastharley"...the company is motorcycle metal. the mans name is howard and the company is in florida. he has the best price on lyndalls with a discount for forum members and includes priority shipping . the customer service is beyond belief,,,,couldnt say enough positive about my experince with him. the brakes are awesome and so is the experience of dealing with this company www.motorcyclemetal.com

Old 03-21-2008, 12:15 PM
HOGWYLDPR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just changed mine out on my 08 Road Glide last night to the LRB's. Took all of about 45 minutes to do all three. Today rode about 40 miles and there is no brake brake dust and stopping feels a little firmer. Highly recommended. The part # I got is LRB 7254-z-plus (for 07 v-rod and 08 FL series).

Old 03-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

ORIGINAL: heavy K

there is a member and sponser of this forum "fastharley"...the company is motorcycle metal. the mans name is howard and the company is in florida. he has the best price on lyndalls with a discount for forum members and includes priority shipping . the customer service is beyond belief,,,,couldnt say enough positive about my experince with him. the brakes are awesome and so is the experience of dealing with this company www.motorcyclemetal.com
Excellent, better than I expected. Thanks heavy K.

Only 145 miles away. They also offer next dayFREE Priority Same Day Shipping to the Lower 48! When the time comes, I'll contact "fastharley". For anyone interested, herethe link for HD touring bikes.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:45 PM
gravnov
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

When my Ultra went to sleep in October, I`ve forgotten to whipe the rim.
Now, I just came from the garage, where I spent two hours polishing the rim and consuming half a can of Nevr Dull without getting satisfying results.
I removed the saddlebags and the mufflers, but it was as..t job without a workstand.
Wished I knew earlier, that brake dust works quick and in-depth.[:@]

gravnov

Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Try the orange hand cleaner it will clean a lot of the cr&p off of your wheels. It wont restore a ruined wheel but used regularly it will make cleaning your wheels easier.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
artc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

www.motorcyclemetal.com
Them got them is stock for the 2008 and FREE shipping

Old 03-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just the brake dust. Any moisture and dirt on a spinning wheel that's on the ground creates electrolysis that speeds corrosion. I'd imagine this is why the owner's manual recommends weekly waxing of the wheels, and why my wheels have no corrosion at almost 30,000 miles...

Old 03-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Billf
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just bought a set of wheels from HogPro (another great company to deal with) and bought the LRB Z-pads which is what the guys at HogPros recommended for my style of riding. I put the wheels and brakes on last weekend and willtry to get some time trying them out this weekend (Easter weekend and a lot of commitments).

Can't wait to see how the wheels and brakes work out - I went with the Panther Bagger Saver set-18".

Quick Reply: Brake dust works quick!