Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panacea LED's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 AM
rsofa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panacea LED's

I am thinking about changing all my lights to the Panacea light's but of course I am thinking it out like always... What would
you do if you had a light go out it not easy to find a replacement locally and if it's the tail light they say you need this for the
signals to operate properly...??? Maybe I better do the harley turn signal to always on and add the BackOff module and call it good then I could get a replacement anywhere ....Anyone ran into this situation???? Probably overthinking again on my end!

Old 03-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Panacea LED's

I have been thinking about putting the panacea lights on my 08 UC also. Talked to the owner of a local indy shop here and he has put them on lots of bikes and everyone seems to be really happy with them. The only thing that I will do (when I can afford them) is use a different source for the load balancer if needed (I think its Biketronics?? that I've seen mentioned on this forum that makes a good one). Apparently the Kury load balancer has a tendency to get kind of hot. I think with the led light setup you are more likely to loose one or 2 led's rather than an entire light set, and even that is unlikely as led's have a good history. I like the idea of the panacea lights better than the back-off module as they are plug and play....don't have to commit to some rather extensive cutting and splicing for the back-off module.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:09 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

I believe you will find that the Panacea system for the rear tail light and turn signals are made up of hundreds of LED lights. Unless there was a major fault like a broken wire outside the lights you should never be without lights. A LED might fail but there are a lot of them making up the assembly so you would still have lights.

The fender tip replacement bulbs are single LED bulbs but that is just the tip lights and I bet you could get replacements locally.

I have the system and it has all it's LEDs working and it is over two years old.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

The Panacea set up is pretty damn cool.

I think that the prices are a bit on the high-side, but what isn't anymore.

I have the Tail light on my Road King, and I installed the whole system (tail & signals) no my Dads Ultra Classic. They are WAY bright, and when set-up in 'flash' mode they WILL get attention.

-

So, overall, I think it's a pretty cool set-up - and (hopefully) the cost is outweighed by the added safety they provide.
As far as longevity - I agree with the rest of the guys. LEDs are typically pretty reliable.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
rsofa
Road Captain

Ok guys thanks for the input I never thought about how many LED's there were in each light makes sense!!! I think I'll bite the bullet and order up the Whole set in smoked!!

Old 03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I've had mine for almost 2 years now, no problems and I like em...If you get the brake and signal Panacea system, you have over 300 LEDs in the rear!

Old 03-20-2008, 11:51 AM
BlackBagger
Cruiser

My Black SG was ordered with the full Kuryakyn Panacea set up. installed by the Dealer, soon as I got it home, the seat came off to go to Mean City Cycles, unfortunately turn around is now three weeks, so the bike was in the garage whenI had to move it, keys were inside and I didnt think anything of it. Moved it a couple of feet over. Flashers went on for a few seconds then off. Next thing I knew the garage had a burnt rubber odor. Went over to the bike and the load resistor for the Panacea setup was melted. Seems that it can not handle it if the four ways go on for more than 5 seconds and with the new alarm system it's a problem! Talked to Kuryakyn, Customer service was good, sent another out. Did some research here and found that Biketronics had an answer. Had a long talk with them and ordered the Load Equalizer. 10 second install. Everything works and four way is not a problem.

Long story ends here.... If you go with a Panacea setup, don't buy the two load resistors, just get the one Biketronics and never worry again.

Mike

Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 PM
rsofa
Road Captain

Thanks for the info Mike I will check that out!!!!
ORIGINAL: Mike Grasso

My Black SG was ordered with the full Kuryakyn Panacea set up. installed by the Dealer, soon as I got it home, the seat came off to go to Mean City Cycles, unfortunately turn around is now three weeks, so the bike was in the garage whenI had to move it, keys were inside and I didnt think anything of it. Moved it a couple of feet over. Flashers went on for a few seconds then off. Next thing I knew the garage had a burnt rubber odor. Went over to the bike and the load resistor for the Panacea setup was melted. Seems that it can not handle it if the four ways go on for more than 5 seconds and with the new alarm system it's a problem! Talked to Kuryakyn, Customer service was good, sent another out. Did some research here and found that Biketronics had an answer. Had a long talk with them and ordered the Load Equalizer. 10 second install. Everything works and four way is not a problem.

Long story ends here.... If you go with a Panacea setup, don't buy the two load resistors, just get the one Biketronics and never worry again.

Mike

Old 03-20-2008, 12:30 PM
lockshop
Tourer

I like the looks of mine and I think they are more visable to everone.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:37 PM
rsofa
Road Captain

Can you repost that without your avitar I didn't see the bike!!!
ORIGINAL: lockshop

I like the looks of mine and I think they are more visable to everone.