Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard bags soft bags bad dream!!! Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:25 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hard bags soft bags bad dream!!! Help!!!

I had a bad dream... maybe it was good, but I was buying a set of hard bags to fit my RoadKing Classic and taking off the leather, just for a change... I was also in a rough neighborhood and wanted to lock the bags...

Real question: Can hard bags swap and fit with no change? Do I have to remove my Nostaligic Guard Rail? I can see there would be times when the hard bags would be really good to have. Next question, does the MOCO paint them or do I have to have it done (Factory) Red Sunglow 08? Next question any one no ofreplacement bags or have a set to sell?

I need more sleep. 4 hours has me dreaming of Only RoadKings and riding.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:12 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts
Default RE: Hard bags soft bags bad dream!!! Help!!!

You can order painted parts from the MOCO or you can buy a set off ebay, etc. and have them painted to match. You will still be able to use your nostalgic rail. You can swap to the hardbags easily from the RKC bags

Old 03-20-2008, 05:51 AM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's true everything dawg told you is correct just did a set of hard bags last week on my rkc worked like a charm
got a decent deal on e-bay got a very good painter to do the paint..... done

Old 03-20-2008, 05:53 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I had that very same dream! Ended up lurking around eBay until I found a set in my factory color. Ended up spending about $750 for them. Direct fit on my '07 Road King Classic with just a little adjustment to the mounting tabs. I really liked the ability to lock them, ease of maintenance, and appearance.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:59 AM
07HDRKC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just changed from leather to hard bags on my 07 Road King Classic and they fit with no other changes except the nostalgic guards are differentbetween the leather and hard bags and the leather ones do not fit the hard bags, too round on the rear. Check your Harley accessory catalogue and you will see what I mean. Before you buy a set that does not match your color and need painting be sure and find out what the cost would be to paint them. It costs alot to do it right. The final look of hard over leatheris an improvement IMO.