Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay Buyer Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 03:34 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ebay Buyer Question

Well, if it's for any real amount of $$$, ah call an' talk w/'em afore sending the $$$ anyways. My CC company charges me 2.5% ta handle a transaction, so PP is WAY overpriced.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Puzzled
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck
Yeah - PP, like eBay, has gotten WAY too greedy. I stopped acceptin' 'em unless the buyer was willin' to pay the fees....
TexasRedneck what are you doing for apayment method without Paypal? How has it been working for you? How are you approaching the seller to pay the Paypal fees?

I ask as I'm in the same boat. A $50 item with an $11 profit nets me about $5 after all of the fees! It's not worth it. One has to sell parts with big margins or sell way above retail. Tough game for sure.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Puzzled
Banned

Paypal is greatfor the buyer but $ucks a$$ for the seller. Double edged sword for sure.

Old 03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Puzzled
TexasRedneck what are you doing for apayment method without Paypal? How has it been working for you? How are you approaching the seller to pay the Paypal fees?

I ask as I'm in the same boat. A $50 item with an $11 profit nets me about $5 after all of the fees! It's not worth it. One has to sell parts with big margins or sell way above retail. Tough game for sure.
Ah advise 'em in the listing that buyer is responsible for all PP fees, or they can send check/money order and the item will be sent after payment clears without recourse. I tell 'em what PP rips us off for in fees - once they know that, they'll generally send me a check.

An' before someone tells me how "safe" it is for the buyer to accept PP, read some of the horror stories, where the buyer CLAIMS to have never gotten the product, files a claim - and PP takes the payment back. In one instance, the guy had gotten away with it - until he tried ta register the warranty on the item he claimed never to have received.

Old 03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
rysess20
Advanced

The fee's were 3%. I was willing to pay the $20 bucks because he got his money today which in turn allowed him to get them to fed ex and my pipes will be here Thursday already! He wouldn't have even received a check before thursday and now I can have them in 2 days. Well worth it and a ton less stress of waiting to see if they got the money or if you will not get the parts. Anyways I am very pleased with his willingness to work with me, I def reccomend him to anyone! So second question, lol, by the way did I tell ya I love this forum! Looking at the PCIII, I know everyone says fuelmoto is the way to go. Should I still find a reputable dyno tuner in the area even if I have Jaime install a map?? Prob ride it first right and see what the hell happens but any input is great. It's an 03 RKC with the 95" kit, SE heads and adj push rods.