Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:21 PM
sherman1125
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather

Fox Creek is NAKED leather, the best, thickest, heaviest. That's what you WANT and NEED. HD is mid weight. It's not as thick and heavy and will be cooler or not as warm as the Fox Creek. HD provides leathers as it's a way of bringing extra money into the dealer and with all the new riders coming on board since the 90's, they need to provide that service. Today's mc customer has a car mentality. Profit for the dealer on their motor clothes is huge. The Basic stuff is pretty mildly priced and is competitive for the Wilson like fodder.

20 years from now, tell me what's still holding up and that you have an affinity for. It's like havinga Pan. It's more than just a bike.

John

Old 03-18-2008, 12:23 PM
ScooterJammer
Cruiser

Raxus...Go with Fox Creek! I have an old H-D Pan Head jacket (for some reason it shrank in 7-years. Heh, heh!), while it's an o.k. jacket it can't hold a candle to FC. The difference in quality is day and night.I alsothinkbuying USAfrom a fellow biker and veteran is a great idea, it wasn't my prime reason for going with FC. The main reason I went with FC was their reputation and quality.

JMHO, YMMV.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
DCRANER
Tourer

I have a Fox Creek and a HD jacket. HD jacket is good quality leather, Fox Creek is exceptional quality leather.

Go read Fox Creek's suggestions on care: Something like, If you get caught in a rain storm, when you get home, throw the jacket on the garage floor, walk on it, kick it in the corner. Next day when dry, just put it back on.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:35 PM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My next jacket (soon) will be the Classic II. Mainly for winter/cold riding. Everyone I've spoke to about Fox Creek say nothing
but good things about their quality.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
cfmii11
Road Master

I really like the HD FXRG jacket with the liner options.
Fox Creek doesn't have anything like that.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:01 PM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

I have the Fox Creek vented racing jacket. It is the heaviest, softest leather jacket I have ever owned, with extra-heavy-duty zippers. The zip-out liner in not just a vest, but has sleeves as well. Attached to the liner is a fleece-lined neck gaiter with velcro closure that really comes in handy when temps are below 50. The neck gaiter is removeable. So it's also the best thought-out leather jacket I have owned.

I liked the quality of the leather so much I got a pair of their chaps as well, and am totally pleased with them. Perfect fit andbeautiful leather, with the same heavy-duty zippers and snaps as the jacket. Love their deerskin gloves, too. I have not seen anything even close to this level of quality at a Harley dealer, regardless of price.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox Creek by far is the better jacket, I have a HD jacket which i thought was really good.When i recieved my fox creek jacket i couldn't beleive the difference in how it made the HD jacket look and feel like crap.If you hold a fox creek jacket in one hand and the HD jacket in the other,the fox creek jacket makes the HD jacket feel like a tee shirt!!! And best of all the Fox Creek is made in the USA and is made with pride judging by the quality they put into the product.If HD had a half a brain they would have Fox Creek make their jackets and then they could sell them for a grand a peice with no problem.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:30 PM
celticgent
Road Master

If money's no object, I'd go with the Fox Creek, personally. IMHO they're the best for the money. You might also look at Langlitz and Vanson...they're a bit more but very good quality.

I don't think that there's any good reason to buy that Harley Jacket, especially for that price. For what it's worth, you can get other imported leather jackets just as good quality as the HD for less than you'd pay for the HD.

Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I Have(I didnt buy it, nor did my wife) the Harley Nevada jacket and I have never been happier.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/m...bmLocale=en_US

Its the only one I found like it and the fit is correct "for my body".

Now the others I wanted from Harley didnt fit like that one. So I couldnt wear them and be happy.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:15 PM
jonah
Cruiser

fox creek

Quick Reply: HD Jacket vs Fox Creek Leather