Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cops and loud pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008 | 10:41 PM
RK#1
|
Advanced
Default cops and loud pipes

just put v&h big shot duals on my rkc this wknd , now im wondering how long till the cops pull me over and give ticket. Any stories out there?

Old 03-16-2008 | 10:51 PM
kman780
Cruiser
Default RE: cops and loud pipes

I have them on my RK with a 103 kit, race tuner, etc... The cops leave me alone they are not as loud as the reinhert pipes.

I took it throug a place that is know to pull guys over for loud pipes and they had a few guys pulled over. I rode around there all day and never had an issue. Just keep the throttle low and you will be fine.

Old 03-16-2008 | 10:59 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior

I have always had loud pipes, been pulled over once in my life for loudness. I was ripping on it tho...... [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 03-16-2008 | 11:05 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

I think you'll find that most "loud pipe" pull overs are self inflective, twinting the wick too hard, or when you're attending a rally and there has been a number of complaints from the locals about guys twisting it hard again...get on the pipes will get you looked at, some times that's what the drivers wanted, but not by the local PD....
Stay off the throttle and you should be fine.

Old 03-16-2008 | 11:10 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

+1

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:21 AM
cps_flhxi
Novice

A little common sense with the throttle in urban areas will keep you from getting stopped...at least by me.

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:26 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

Wife ask me that same question as i put on the Big radius over the winter.

+1 on the above statement by cps.

Common sense there is a time to make them loud and smile and theres a time not to.

Cop sitting on the corner and you at the light is not a good time to rev the engine up to RED line and show the cop how loud they are or you will have a ticket.

Use common sense and you will be fine. But let them Scream now and then lol.

Old 03-17-2008 | 01:14 AM
DeputyMike
Tourer

I police a pretty rural county, and I, like the rest of you, love the sound of our bikes. Just don't make an a-- out of yourself and force me to do my job, if you know what I mean. In fifteen years, I've never stopped a biker for loud exhaust, so unless you're a biker-gang member trying to test me, you'll be fine. Just use your god-given common sense

Old 03-17-2008 | 02:06 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cps_flhxi

A little common sense with the throttle in urban areas will keep you from getting stopped...at least by me.

Ditto here as well

Old 03-17-2008 | 04:29 AM
maxum96
Cruiser

City cop here. If you're not revving it up and acting like an a$$, you should be ok. It's the idiots that rev their loud car/truck/motorcycle up that get my attention and usual a ticket for their effort.

Quick Reply: cops and loud pipes