Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question of Rush Muffler install with FuelMoto kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Question of Rush Muffler install with FuelMoto kit

Got a fix for you......My right side torca clamp worked loose thre times.....the dealer fixed it at 1000 mile service....I fixed it again 2 days alter, then AGAIN 1 day later.......Here is what I did to correct the problem.

I pulled the muff and noted that the clamp area was slotted, but the slot did not extend all the way to the front of the clamping sleeve on the muff inlet....so I took a hack saw and extended the slot all the way to the front(1/4")

Then I diassembled the torca clamp and cleaned the bolt threads and used anti-sieze on the threads before I reassembled......the anti-sieze was intended to lube threads as I tightened clamp....I also applied anti-sieze to inside diameter of clamp to allow it to slide as it tightened.

That did it...no more loose muff and no more clicking chirping sounds

Why does it only happen to right side with fuelmoto kits?...because right muff flows 90% of all exhaust and experiencesbroader transientheat cycles

Old 03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
capt42a
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question of Rush Muffler install with FuelMoto kit

I've had the same problem when re-using the stock torca clamp, a new set fixed the problem. I'm not saying you can't re-use the clamp because I re-used the sameclamps probably 3-4 timesbefore the muffler started sliding back like your's is doing.
capt42a