Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008 | 03:46 PM
lotus 3
|
2nd Gear
Default Road King

I have been riding for 40yrs and would like to know more about Harleys. I want to ride 2 up and the Japanese bikes are really expensive. I currently ride a Suzuki 1200 Bandit '03. I sat on a Road King at Jims in St. Pete's Beach. It felt good, but was unable to ride one and I live in the Great White North. My current bike puts out about 122hp, lots to move my wife and I, but not really a 2 up bike. Any info re: performance, fit, comfort etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-16-2008 | 03:58 PM
Ol Biker
Road Master
Default RE: Road King

Welcome! ANy of the HD touring family of motorcycles will get you and your wife where you want to go in style and comfort. I've put a few miles on my '01 Roadking, including a trip to Sturgis and have always enjoyed the ride. Last spring Nona (my sweety) and I rode to Florida and had a blast. I'm enjoying my '07 Ultra just as much.
I would advise you to try out the different models - they are each a "bit" different. Pick the one that suits you, and Ride On!

Old 03-16-2008 | 04:09 PM
lotus 3
|
2nd Gear

Thanks for the info. Any suggestions on shops in Ontario Canada?

Old 03-16-2008 | 04:17 PM
papa_freeman
Tourer

Well, if you consider the metrics expensive (with the exception of the Goldwing), Harley is not going to be a pleasant surprise.

I think you can pretty much figure on $25,000 for new Ultra, probably the best touring Harley. Goldwing cost about the same.

You can get a very nice BMW touring bike for less.

Main suggestion: go to your local dealer, rent a likely suspect or two... opinions here are great, but you will get a pretty wide variety bassed usually on personal experiences.

IMHO

Good luck!

ORIGINAL: lotus 3

I have been riding for 40yrs and would like to know more about Harleys. I want to ride 2 up and the Japanese bikes are really expensive. I currently ride a Suzuki 1200 Bandit '03. I sat on a Road King at Jims in St. Pete's Beach. It felt good, but was unable to ride one and I live in the Great White North. My current bike puts out about 122hp, lots to move my wife and I, but not really a 2 up bike. Any info re: performance, fit, comfort etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-16-2008 | 04:22 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: lotus 3

I want to ride 2 up and the Japanese bikes are really expensive.
Dollar for dollar I think you will be happier with the Harley, but do you really think HD is cheaper????? I got way more in my 2008 RK classic than any goldwing costs...LOL Good luck with what ever you go with, and most importantly.... RIDE!

Ron

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:00 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer

I went to Port St. Lucie, Fl. in 2001 to visit an old high school friend and he took me for a ride on his Dyna Low Rider; well I got the bug and couldn't wait to get one. Three years later I was able to purchase a used 97 Road King from a former co-worker and the rest is history. My advice to you, go to a dealership and rent some different touring models, pick the one you and thewife like and start looking for a good used one, there are lots of them out there these days. Some people buy one and a year later decide their not interested any more, get married, get divorced, buying a home, etc.

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:06 PM
Mandog
Road Master

You guys took the words right outta my mouth...CHEAPER ?? Our dollar aint worth crap then in Cananda. Don't know where in Ontario you are but I have been to Toronto HD. Nice guys

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:09 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Check out the Craigs list in your area...I bet you find something you can afford there.

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:13 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned

Don't get yer panties all bunched up gents, but:

If I was him I'd look at the Goldwing too.

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:17 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

[sm=biker.gif][sm=boosign.gif] [sm=grinangel.gif]

Quick Reply: Road King