Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who never uses water to clean their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008 | 03:43 PM
OnTheFence
Tourer
Default RE: Who never uses water to clean their bike?

I just used the two bucket wash system in the garage yesterday..

Bucket #1 Couple of drops of car soap and tap water.

Bucket #2 1 gallon of distilled water

Washed with rag from bucket #1. Rinsed with Rag from Bucket #2. Not drying required. Spot free finish..

Old 03-16-2008 | 04:30 PM
GreyGhost
Cruiser

I don't use water very often, but when I do, I use a leaf blower to get all the water out of the nooks and crannies.

Old 03-16-2008 | 05:35 PM
BCguy
Road Captain

A bucket of warm water, a good quality car wash soap and a fleece mitt. Gently hose down first to remove the grit then a good wash. Rinse well, dry with soft cloths to make sure there's no spots and you're done. A good wax and a little chrome polish to bring up the shine and you're good to go.

Old 03-16-2008 | 05:47 PM
Yokel99
Cruiser

Holy crap, I've heard rain is nearly 100% water

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:04 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member

For general clean up I use a spray cleaner/polish. Easy to carry with you. HD shps carry it and honda use to but they stoped having it made with their name on it. It is still made and available. does a very good job. when I get caught in rain and a lot of dirt needs to be removed I use a car wash soap after using S100 and rinsing. then clean with the spray cleaner/polish. I use to use plexus on the wind shield but stopped becaue it causes the windshield to fog. It is a good cleaner and will not scratch. Remember I live on a mountain so I have to ride some distance to get any supplies. With me aging I forget things sometimes and have to use what is available colse by. I always blow dry my bike with a leaf blower and then wipe it down by hand.

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:17 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member

I only wash using water. I don't rub on my bike except when waxing. After nearly 9 years, it's still got a finish you can part your hair in and has no tell-tale swirling.

Old 03-16-2008 | 06:26 PM
angelina78
Cruiser

jet dry and distilled water. i learned something today

Old 03-17-2008 | 12:13 AM
Odd Job
Tourer

Very rarely use soap and water.....one great product that is seldom talked about and seen on forums isPROLONG WATERLESS WASH AND SHINE...GREAT STUFF!!!! Encapsulates dirt particles and reduces scratching of the paint surfaces...been using for years and won't use nothing else..puts Pig Snot and other products to shame.

Old 03-17-2008 | 02:23 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member

If it is really dirty, I would never use a waterless cleaner.....asking for scratches IMO>

Old 03-17-2008 | 03:41 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

first I use my air hose to blow the dust and debris off the engine and rest of the bike.....then I will hit the engine with S100, and hose it off with the garden hose. Then I use the electric leaf blower or just my air hose to blow off the excess water so it don't dry and leave spots. Then a bit of wax on the painted surfaces....chrome polish.....aluminum cleaner/protectant to brighten up the engine a bit, and I am all done. That is just a normal clean up job like after a ride. if I do it fast then just a air hose and a quick shot of S100 and water rinse. When i do a full detail job it can take me 2 or 3 days to get to where I want it.

Quick Reply: Who never uses water to clean their bike?