Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my new pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Papamte
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ordered my new pipes

Well, I couldn't stand it any longer! I kept searching until I found the deal I wanted on my new exhaust. After many repeated searches, I checked out Parts 411 in San Dumas, CA and they had the Hardkrome 3" duals for $536. With shipping the total was $595.81, which is far better than Hardkrome's own website @ $674.95 plus $50 shipping. I saved myself $125 by being persistent.

These are the same pipes as the T-Rex duals that Bountyhunter has on his bike. I can't wait now to get them on and try them out.

Thanks Bountyhunter for your help.[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts
Default RE: Ordered my new pipes

Now they make two kinds of 3" duals, the ones your talking about and the one's that bountyhunter have, the difference is the stepped design in the pipes, if I'm not mistaken the T-Rex have the steps sorta like the Rineharts, hope your right and you got the T-Rex.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Papamte
Tourer

TN Heritage, I know about the stepped pipes. I'm not sure if the one's to fit my bike are stepped also, but I went on ahead an ordered them anyway. I talked to the guys at my local Moco dealer and found out that in 02' they modified the front floorboard mounting design, and that is probably why the T-Rex's are not for the ealier year bike's. I just played it safe!
I'll look again at the DG website, but I think mine have a single step to 1.75" and ending at the 2.5" muffler inside a full length 3" outer pipe.
I wish I could use the T-Rex model, but I choose to play it safe on fitment issues and get the one's listed for my year model. They should look the same though!

Old 02-02-2006, 02:31 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard Krome actually has 3 models available now T-Rex Duals with 4" mufflers (loud), T-Rex 3" Dual Straights (louder) and T-REX 4" Dual Sideburners (loudest). I have the 3". Hope you enjoy your new pipes as much as I have.

Old 02-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Papamte
Tourer

Bountyhunter, I'm p**ssed off now! I just got off the phone with Parts411, and they told me that my pipes have been discontinued from the supplier. Seems like Hardkrome has some problems keeping their products available. To make a long story short, I cancelled that order and went on ahead and ordered the V&H Big Shot duals. I still saved about the same money. Total with shipping is $547.75, and they are available. I should get my pipes in about a week.

Sorry guys who might want the 3" duals for the 95-01' models.[&o] I thought I might have found a honey hole for Hardkrome pipes. If you want the T-Rex pipes, they are not nearly as cheap there.

I'm tired of looking and racking my brain trying to find pipes. I guess that I'll cool down when I get the new pipes on.

Old 02-02-2006, 04:38 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Canada and had to order direct from Hard Krome. My dealer could not even source the pipes! It was extra expense, but well worth it and they came very quickly. I installed them 4 days after I got the bike. Was out today in the cold, the best part of the ride was listening to the pipes growl!

Old 02-11-2006, 03:02 AM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad I've got an 05 Ultra! I ordered T-Rex 3” Dual Straights today from HardKrome and they've already shipped. Should be here Tuesday. $730 delivered. About $50 more than through a distributor but mine are on their way.

Bob
ORIGINAL: Papamte

Bountyhunter, I'm p**ssed off now! I just got off the phone with Parts411, and they told me that my pipes have been discontinued from the supplier. Seems like Hardkrome has some problems keeping their products available. To make a long story short, I cancelled that order and went on ahead and ordered the V&H Big Shot duals. I still saved about the same money. Total with shipping is $547.75, and they are available. I should get my pipes in about a week.

Sorry guys who might want the 3" duals for the 95-01' models.[&o] I thought I might have found a honey hole for Hardkrome pipes. If you want the T-Rex pipes, they are not nearly as cheap there.

I'm tired of looking and racking my brain trying to find pipes. I guess that I'll cool down when I get the new pipes on.