Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Security System II pager eats batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:32 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Smart Security System II pager eats batteries

Any info on how long the rechargeable lasts between charges?

Old 03-16-2008, 01:52 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

Any info on how long the rechargeable lasts between charges?
About the same duration (or pretty close anyway).

I was just as digusted as No Tyme about having to carry a back-pack full of spare batteries. The rechargable guy is much much better. Same short charge-life but that's no big deal - just plug it in for a while. Besides, it works while it's on the charger.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:09 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my pager 2 for about 2 years now,use it when i leave the bike to go into a store/dinner or such,maybe a hour at a time and probally a total of 25 hours on it,it has been sitting on a shelf since oct 07 since the bike went into storage for the winter,reading this post i just turned it on ,lit up beeped and died ,LOL not bad for the original battery i guess compared to what i've read here, thanks for the post.... i need to buy a new battery i guess(maybe a spare as well)

Old 03-16-2008, 05:26 PM
socalmoe
Tourer

I dont leave it on while at home, I turn it on when I get to where I am going and off when I get back on my bike. It does eat up batt's really fast.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Digger53
Cruiser

Yep, I had the same problem. It would drain the battery when I did not have it on in a couple days. I took it back to my dealer and they replaced it, even with it being out of warranty. The replacement one seems to be working OK, at least its not draining the battery while not in use.

Digger
07' UC
Camas, WA

Old 03-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just picked up my rechargeable pager, but the shop had to order the Siren, so it will be at least a week before I can get it installed and tested. Went with the rechargable because of so many complaints on this board about batteries on the other one.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:24 PM
bikergar
Cruiser

Make sure it's turned off. Hold the button down until you hear a long beep. I know this because.....................[:@]I'm a dumb a$$ and was leaving it in the vibrate only mode. Very good battery life since I started doing this.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:43 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

F Y I... The booklet on the Smart Security Pager says on page 10 that "When in use, the pager receiver battery life is approximately 45-50 days."
That tells me mine is defective!

Old 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I went to visit the service departmentlate this morning and I told them I need this pager replaced, and they said no problem Then I told them I don't want the same pager because of all the problems I have seen posted on the HD boards andheasked what would you like? I told him I want to upgrade to the rechargable unit and he said no problem, but that he would have to order the rechargable pager. [sm=insomnia.gif]
That was way too easy... But I do have to get the bike to the dealership to get a work order for started for the heated grips problem...So what did I do? Spent another $190 [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 03-17-2008, 01:37 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: No Tyme

I went to visit the service departmentlate this morning and I told them I need this pager replaced, and they said no problem Then I told them I don't want the same pager because of all the problems I have seen posted on the HD boards andheasked what would you like? I told him I want to upgrade to the rechargable unit and he said no problem, but that he would have to order the rechargable pager. [sm=insomnia.gif]
Did he give you a part number?

Quick Reply: Smart Security System II pager eats batteries