Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off to the dealer for a Road King

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Off to the dealer for a Road King

Bert- took old pic off...need to add another.

Firetender- I paid sticker (not happy about it...but since I was trading a Dyna which actually dropped in price from 07 to 08--I new I would not be getting anything but pay off). I was pretty happy about the interest rate through 7% at 60 mos. Idaho's taxes are 8% that's a killer as well. They had the rider's essential kit on it...and some other little things...so all in all, I took it like a man--I was out the door at 20K...my friend did the same as me and ended up out the door at 21K+. The way I look at it...there are some who get better deals then others and then you always get the guy that got creamed at 12.99% and financed the bike, leathers...and all kinds of stuff.It's all good...

Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

i hate when the dealers add shlt to a showroom bike- then add the price of the parts/labor to the MSRP.

my local dealer has new touring bikes MSRP $23K+. they add pipes, bars, chrome front end, blah blah blah

id much rather add the chrome myself, on my time line.

good luck with the bike, youll love it.

Old 03-17-2008, 03:58 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

i hate when the dealers add shlt to a showroom bike- then add the price of the parts/labor to the MSRP.

my local dealer has new touring bikes MSRP $23K+. they add pipes, bars, chrome front end, blah blah blah

id much rather add the chrome myself, on my time line.

good luck with the bike, youll love it.
And the choice of saving on the labor and doing it yourself.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:02 PM
psc
Road Captain

I hear you Guys...loud and clear. It's all good. Thanks for the info!

Bert- Bottom line--how do the Vance and Hines duals + ovals sound as compared to some of the other slip on's and full exhausts? I had Big Radius on the Dyna...they were sweet.

I would have loved to have paid for just the slip ons and walked away, but in the end...I wanted some sound and the dang slip ons just fall a little short.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: psc
Bert- Bottom line--how do the Vance and Hines duals + ovals sound as compared to some of the other slip on's and full exhausts? I had Big Radius on the Dyna...they were sweet.

I would have loved to have paid for just the slip ons and walked away, but in the end...I wanted some sound and the dang slip ons just fall a little short.
Duals make mufflers sound better, IMO. I installed the duals first and used my existing Sampson Rolled Ovals. I seemed to make them quieter because sound was coming out both sides equally. The right Sampson has yellowed some where they slip-on, mostly from the prier Road King Custom, and I wanted less noise so I went with the V&H ovals. The V&H ovals sound great, not toloud under 3000 rpm (nice cruising sound) but when you punch it, WOW, they come alive.

If you are looking for louder, then don't choose the ovals. There are others here that can recommend loud pipes. Or do a search.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
psc
Road Captain

Bert- Nahhh...I'm thinkin' thats exactly what I was looking for!

Okay last question bro-- When I did the SERT on my last ride, the dealer handed me back an unused CD-Rom and a small black box with the SE logo...question is, do they actually attach another piece to the bike itself? I never did ask or look. I guess the question is, can I reuse the pieces...or do you have to start all over.

I know this is probably an elementary question, but like an idiot I took wood shop instead of auto in high school!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Klub!

Old 03-17-2008, 07:29 PM
psc
Road Captain

Lord A-

How much does one of those touring trunk run ya? That thing could come in handy when we make the longer trips!! thx

Old 03-17-2008, 07:29 PM
nastyHD
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good choice, enjoy[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 03-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: psc
Okay last question bro-- When I did the SERT on my last ride, the dealer handed me back an unused CD-Rom and a small black box with the SE logo...question is, do they actually attach another piece to the bike itself? I never did ask or look. I guess the question is, can I reuse the pieces...or do you have to start all over.
The SERT (Screamin Eagle Race Tuner) is a device that connectsbetween a personal computer and the ECM (computer chip that controls the engine) using software to upload maps. See image below. There is no hardwareinstalled or attached tothebike.Current SERT's are married to the bike via the bikes VIN number. These SERT's can not beused on any other bike.

I know this is probably an elementary question, but like an idiot I took wood shop instead of auto in high school!
I went to autobody, and wish I went to carpentry. [] If I only knew then what I know now... [&:]

[IMG]local://upfiles/54654/77978CD4575E4B4DA54D4542FF10BAD3.jpg[/IMG]