Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger floorboards...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger floorboards...

Last night the wife and I took a ride and about half way through it she started complaining about her knees and legs aching. She asked if I could reposition or replace the stock passenger floorboards with new ones. I don't have any Idea what to do.

Can the stock passenger floorboards be repositioned or is there an after market set that can be adjusted to different positions instead of the standard stock position?

Just got her back into riding and I really need to find a solution to this problem or I'm afraid she'll not want to ride anymore, she really likes it.SHE andI appreciates your suggestions. Thanks, "D"

Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Passenger floorboards...

The passanger floorboards have 3 adjustments (top one is covered with a plastic plug...

Kuryakyn Adjustable Pegs is yet another way to go... My wife is 5' and I take the grandkids for a ride once in awhile and the KURYAKYN PEGS are GREAT...
http://www.kuryakyn.com/

Old 03-13-2008, 05:19 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

This topic was just recently asked about here.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

moving the floorboards might help, but not as much as giving her two different positions to rest her feet. No different than us wanting highway pegs to stretch out our legs and move to a different position.

The high peg mounts from kuryakan that fit the softails are great for this. The adjustable ones that attach to the footboards for the touring models are ok. They will help a great deal, but still aren't as good as the softails for my wife. One good thing about the adjustable pegs for the footboards is that when my feet are on the highway pegs, my wifecan put the calves of her legs on the footpeg and completly extend her legs.

Dennis

Old 03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Xtreme Hawg

Last night the wife and I took a ride and about half way through it she started complaining about her knees and legs aching. She asked if I could reposition or replace the stock passenger floorboards with new ones. I don't have any Idea what to do.

Can the stock passenger floorboards be repositioned or is there an after market set that can be adjusted to different positions instead of the standard stock position?

Just got her back into riding and I really need to find a solution to this problem or I'm afraid she'll not want to ride anymore, she really likes it.SHE andI appreciates your suggestions. Thanks, "D"
Does she need them lower or higher? Is the rear saddlebag crash bar bothering her?

I put the comfort profile saddlebag crash bars on along with the raised position passenger floorboard mounts............now my wife and daughter are much more comfortable.

Steve

Old 03-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Xtreme Hawg
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

ORIGINAL: Xtreme Hawg

Does she need them lower or higher? Is the rear saddlebag crash bar bothering her?

I put the comfort profile saddlebag crash bars on along with the raised position passenger floorboard mounts............now my wife and daughter are much more comfortable.

Steve
Steve,

She said the saddlebag crash bars do not bother her. She also said she'd like to try the floorboards after they've been lowered, So that's what I'll do, lower them and take her for a ride and see if that helps. Thanks... "D"