Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Set-Up on

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008 | 01:54 PM
jcfolsom
|
Intermediate
Default RE: Fuel Moto Set-Up on

I reset the closed throttle value and this seems to have cleared up the popping and backfire problem.

Old 03-14-2008 | 07:49 PM
timberland
Road Master
From: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time

iclick / Bob, exactly, I am with you .......... What I can't ever figure out on these forums, not just this one the bass boat forum I frequent too, is why anyone who dosen't even own, or want to own for that matter, will give advise on how to "fix" something that someoneelse has....most always by stating they bought the wrong part. Case in point PC vs SERT, If it say's "PCIII..." in the subject line, guaranteed someone who dosen't even own one offers his or her advise on what to do. Here is an idea DON'T click on that subject, scroll down about 3 lines and help one of your own, trust me the other's on this forummay actually need help with their SERT or thundermax or whatever. The best that we all do here...is agree that we like to ride motorcycles, I thank you all for that.

Old 03-14-2008 | 10:02 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: sifularson

Now the guesswork begins . . . install a new map, tweak this map and that map, test ride it, hook it to your laptop . . . then do it all again until you guess it's right.

The very reason I just removed the PCIII in favor of a SERT and a dyno tune.
Yeah, for an extra $400-500 or so. Then when you change something, another $300 for another dyno tune. Of course, you could install a PCIII and dyno tune it, for about $150 less than SERT, too. That would achieve the same ends.

What's missing here is the fact that most people who buy from Fuel Moto get a PCIII and a near-perfect map for $275 with no issues. Some have decel-pop problems, as do some SERT and T'Max owners. If you buy SERT and dyno tune it, then have decel popping, what do you do next?
Thanks for the reply and for quoting me. You're more of an expert than I am and I value your opinion. I'm sure you can agree with some of what I say when it comes to SERT vs. PCIII. Yes, the PCIII works well for most people. It worked well for me although the dyno/SERT tune I have now is working even better. Yes, if I make changes to the exhaust system, I may need another dyno tune. That is highly unlikely since I am very happy with the ovals I'm running. Do you agree that running your bike without a dyno tune may be guesswork? Yes, the canned map you use may work perfectly OR it may not leading to popping, rough idle, etc. In my case, the canned map was actually lean which caused my bike to run hot which led to an oil leak which had to be repaired under warranty.

Thanks again for the input. you've helped me and several others in the past.