Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The woman is going nutz! (packages don't stop coming)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The woman is going nutz! (packages don't stop coming)

I must be doing something wrong she rarely rides and could care less what I put on it or what it cost. Never a word about the UPS shipments stacked at the door.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:45 PM
spacelord
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tinkermc

I must be doing something wrong she rarely rides and could care less what I put on it or what it cost. Never a word about the UPS shipments stacked at the door.
Sounds like you're not trying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I have some shipped to the house and some shipped to work. That way when I'm installing something new she figures it must be one of the few thing she's seen delivered. Also thanks to online tracking, frequently I can track a package, see that it has been delivered and then rush to beat her home! Funny thing is I think I enjoy the "game" more than I need to. Cuz for the most part she doesn't even care! The closet in my home office is starting to look like Dagwood Bumsteads! It's getting dangerous to open the doors! As soon as everything is back from the powder coaters (as addictive as chrome) I can install everything and then just play it cool like "yeah that's always been there!" She'll know better but won't bust my *****, she loves the SG as much as I do.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:26 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The more I read your guys posts I realize how lucky I am. Reason why I say that is because anytime I mention that I want to buy something for the scoot which I had told my self I was not going to load it with chrome stuff my wife ends up ordering it for me from either chicago hd or eastern performance it has gotten so bad that I wont mention things just so that she wont order.
This week alone she ordered the kuryakin tag frame for the sg and a second battery tender for one of my other toys I mentioned that I had to order them then I have been busy with the dealership next thing you know the box was home yesterday when i got there.
Over the holidays she ordered me rineharts true duals, chrome front end and screaming eagle heavy breather, she figured it out because I was working a list of things that I wanted for the sg she found it and ordered it, she is a housewife so I am thinking she likes just to do the shopping part of it because she could care less about the bike.
Last niote after I got the box she told me that she has been shopping around for the 21 and 18 inch wheel combo and definetly this site has been very helpful because she knows about hog pro & other manufacturers. Man she likes shopping!!!!! but again after reading all the previous post I guess I cant complain!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 PM
hardav23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big_al, sounds like you have a keeper there!! I wish my wife would buy stuff for my ride, even if it is only because she likes to shop. I just wantmine to quit her BITC*ING, or I may just have to ship her out via UPS!!![:@]

Old 03-14-2008, 05:30 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you're almost where you need to be.

When I mentionI have to do something to my bike she just chuckles and says "Of course you do" as the rest of the honey do list gets further and further behind.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I definitely got a keeper, she just gets the parts from the delivery guy and stacks them on the workbench for me with out ever questioning what it is now that I have purchased. I do travel a lot with my job and when out of town, she makes a point of letting me know that a box has arrived and from who.

Great lady, never once has asked what or how much ( and I am sure she knows the "how much" is a lot), as long as she gets to ride with me, that is all she cares about.