Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"WARNING" About usachrome/American Revolution

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 05:38 PM
monte64
|
Cruiser
Default "WARNING" About usachrome/American Revolution

[sm=forgetit.gif]I need to get this out to the forum members.
Back on 10/31/07 I ordered the (chrome streetglide package) from usachrome also known as American Revolution off of ebay. Package consisted of chrome lowers, pulley, both wheels w/tires and polished rotors. Order said 4-5 weeks. Well, as most may have figured it out by now, I'm still taking it up the proverbial lower unit. At present, all I have are the lowers, rotors. This was to be my winter project along with stretched bags and rear fender. Now with riding season coming fast here in northern Illinois, I have to forget about doing the wheels for now, I wanted to tear the bike down once and get everything done at the same time.

At 4 weeks of the order I called and got a response of, " we are falling behind, but should be back on track shortly". I have saved every e-mail and have the dates when I called written down. 26 e-mails, some with responses, mostly filled with broken promises of when shipment will be done and sent. Numerous phone messages with questions unanswered. Be-advised that they don't answer the phone, you leave a message, IF YOU CAN because MESSAGE BOX IS FULL AT THIS TIME, and they'll get back to you.

My last e-mail from Pat Curran, was asking me what I have yet to receive form him, WHAT!, that right, he doesn't know what he has shipped out. I told him what I have yet to receive and explained to him that I contacted my credit card and asked them to give me a charge back, which they have done for me. He then explained that he cannot send out the rest of my shipment because of the charge back. Told me that they have been ripped off before. RIPPED OFF, how do you think I feel, it doesn't take 4 1/2 months to chrome a set of S/G wheels.

Ya, it may seem that I waited to long to go after him, but when I did get to talk to him, he would just let me eat his line of S4!T, after all he had my funds and I wanted the wheels. Well, shame on me, the first time, and shame onyou, the second time.

Now, he has not tried to contact me, so everything is in limbo, but I now have the upper-hand in this.

This is just a warning from me and what I have been going through, I know that some people have had good luck with him. Guess it was my turn him to have problems, live and learn.

Old 03-12-2008 | 08:44 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: "WARNING" About usachrome/American Revolution

customer service like this sucks. but i am slightly confused, you have gotten a charge back on your credit card for the parts that you have not received, correct? then what are you still waiting for? you have what you paid for. i would look elsewhere now. good luck, hey, theres always next winter[:@]

Old 03-12-2008 | 08:53 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

I was debating ordering some big fatty/fat daddy wheels from them. Glad I didn't. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-12-2008 | 09:01 PM
uweldit
Road Captain

This is an important lesson, DON"T USE CHECK CARDS TO BUY PARTS, USE A CREDIT CARD.

At least he got the money back for what did not ship.

Went to thier website and guess what? THE EBAY STORE DON'T EXIST ANY MORE.

Old 03-12-2008 | 09:54 PM
monte64
|
Cruiser

Maybe I explained wrong or not enough, Pat Curran has to contact me because I got the whole amount I paid for the chrome S/G package put back as a credit on my credit card. So now he is out the items he did send me. I'll pay for them once he gives me an itemized list with what they cost.

It's in the hands of the card company, (one of the perks we get for paying high interest rates).

I got a notification from pay pal, saying I received a charge-back. This was my 2nd or third time using ebay. I have learned that if you have a dispute with a seller, that after 90 days they wash their hands of it. If I understand all theinfo questionsand mumbo jumbo that was on their info pages with links upon links to more useless info. Man, I should havestudy law.

Old 03-12-2008 | 11:28 PM
mike_oh
Road Master

I had the same experience with this outfit as did a close friend of mine. Paid for wheels and core deposit up front. It took them forever to ship then only shipped one wheel and I waited another two weeks for the other. I packaged my cores up the next day and sent them off. It took them five weeks to get my 500 dollar core deposit back. I called many times and got voice mail and the mailbox is full. No return calls. Sent numerous e-mail and faxes to them. Always was some bullsh*t excuse when talking to Pat. My friend had the same issues with them. The wheels look great but I would not go through this with them again. I would stay away from this company!!

Old 04-09-2008 | 09:02 PM
usachrome
Stage III

Hello, this is Pat, GM of American Revolution. I just wanted to respond to our customers concerns, Mr. Ross Dumonte.

He is correct, we have only shipped part of the order. But, after having ship partial, our customer cancelled his payment. We were stuck with having shipped product, but not paid for it. We called customer and arranged to complete the order as agreed. As of this time, we are completing his order.

It is our fault that it got this far, as we fell behind schedule due to holidays and moving our warehouse. We will complete shipment of the shortly.

Sincerely,

Pat Curran
General Manager
American Revolution, Inc.

Old 04-09-2008 | 09:13 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior

Nice first post...apologizing for crappy service. Well atleast he admitted fault so he gets kudos for that.

Old 04-09-2008 | 09:14 PM
monte64
|
Cruiser

Pat where the heck you been? give me a call or pm, you got my number?

Old 04-09-2008 | 09:16 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member

I hope he doesn't pay this time until he gets the parts.

Quick Reply: "WARNING" About usachrome/American Revolution