Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Bluerose
Default Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit

Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit Long(50829-07A)/Short(50830-07A)on an Ultra?

I bought the long ones and put them on this weekend but I just can't get them comfortable...they are at least an 1 - 1 1/2 inches to close. They also get in my way when shifting.

Has anyone put the short ones on the Ultra?

I was used to having my feet all the way out at the highway bars on the Deluxe. Probably need it a bit closerto get around the lowers.

Wish they had dimensions on the site. Can anyone tell me how long the short ones are?

Old 03-11-2008, 10:47 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts
Default RE: Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit

Not sure of the part #, but I recently installed a set from HD that sells for about $90. Guy at the parts counter recommended them instead of the ones I beleive you may have. PITA to adjust but they rotate 360 degrees up / down / front and rear. Very comfy once you get'em right. Don't recall if they come in long and short, but were made for Ultras with lower fairings. Kuryakyn also makes a simular set. Hope this helps.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
KLEETEE
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered the short ones. I agree that they could put a few measurements in the description. I'm 5' 11' and I hope these work. Ordered them from Chicago HD so it may be a week or so. I'll give you an update when there installed.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Can anyone tell me how long the short ones are?
I've had a pair of the 50830-07 'shorts' sitting here for about 7 months. I opened the box for the 1st time just now.
From the center of the Hex mount nut (that attaches the arm to the bar mount) to the extreme end of the arm they measure 3 7/8", measuring around the curve of the arm. (along the 'long' side of the arm)
I'm assuming they share the same bar mount so the difference in length between the two arms ought to help you out.

I originally ordered the long ones until someone here filled me in that they'd end up too close, just like you've found out. I cancelled them before they shipped and got the short ones instead.

CN

Old 03-12-2008, 03:59 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluerose,
I first had the long,couldnt get them to feel right,dealer exchanged them out for the short,no questions asked(their cool like that) shorts are on mine now,fell better than the long,but still need fine tuning to put them just right for me,just have never got around to doing so,lol im 5'10 29/30" inseam,shorts dont get in the way of the lowers or floorboards like the longs did

Old 03-12-2008, 10:45 AM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: BirchwhiteHD

Bluerose,
I first had the long,couldnt get them to feel right,dealer exchanged them out for the short,no questions asked(their cool like that) shorts are on mine now,fell better than the long,but still need fine tuning to put them just right for me,just have never got around to doing so,lol im 5'10 29/30" inseam,shorts dont get in the way of the lowers or floorboards like the longs did
Thanks!

I've had mine since I bought the bike...there is a 90 day return policy and I'm right on that edge so I'm hoping they will exchange them.

SOunds like I definately need the shorter ones.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi Bluerose,

I have the 50830-07A on my new SG and they are nice. I am 5'10 and can stretch out fully; all day comfort. I have not adjusted them beyond what I had set the on when installed, but I guess the idea of being able to move them is a plus.

They look cool too.