Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Red Hot Ultra
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center Stand

Anyone install a Wheeldock center stand on an Ultra. Looking to do so for service and reduce space

Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
GScotty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Center Stand

I installed the wheeldock on my 08 Ultra.. I love it.. Install was easy

Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 PM
CrzyKat
6th Gear

Put one on my 08 Ultra about two weeks ago. Works great and very satisfied.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

I bought one in Daytona. Met the owner and was very impressed. I cleaned my bike up today on the wheel dock. Sure beat getting the jack out. It seems like a quality product. The unit works great.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
FLHTim
Cruiser

Put one on a few months ago, love it. Just be aware of where you use it, had mine on the stand warming up and my new bike vibrated off and fell before my own eyes.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:13 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks, i was wondering how stable those standswere if someone should bump into the bike or lean on it that it would fall over or not.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

I have one (wheeldock)on my SG and never leave it on the center stand only! It will come off everytime. The jiffy stand saved mine. I do not store it or run it while on the center stand (kids). I love it for working on the bike and cleaning it but thats it.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:30 AM
ultra08
3rd Gear

Put one on my 08 Ultra install was ten minutes and works great saves alot of space in the garage

Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
ZPA
Advanced

I'm really sorry to hear about the bikes falling off of the stands. That is a shame.
I've had mine since last summer and haven't used the side stand since. This how nice the stand is. I've never had it even come close to falling off of the stand.

However, I never leave the bike in nuetral when on the stand. Its automatic for me to pop it into gear as soon as I put it up, just like putting a stick shift car in gear when you park it. That makes it virtually impossible to knock it off of the stand even if you wanted to. Try that. You'll see that if the wheels can't move because its in gear, it really can't roll off of the stand. Obviously you can't "warm up" the bike while its in gear.

Unlike usual center stands found on European and Japanese bikes, this stand barely lifts the bike, and so most of the bike's weight is still on the ground. So, if it is in gear, and all of the weight is still pressing down, it really shouldn't fall off. All last summer I had my bike on its center stand at various bike nights and I felt much more confident that it would be safe on that stand than on the side stand.

Good luck.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:47 PM
Red Hot Ultra
Advanced

Cool Thanks. Think thats the way I'll go. I heard the one from Harley is a b%^&* to install and was probably made in China.

Quick Reply: Center Stand