Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III bikes shuts off???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:41 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PC III bikes shuts off???

I have installed a PCIII, Rinehart true duals, Ness stage 1 air filter on my 08 FLHX.PC III came pre mapped from Fuel Moto, Its about 35 degrees here today, warmed bike up, went down the road about 5 miles, every thing seemed good. Great power compared to stock, although slight popping on hard decel. Came to stop sign, and bike stalled...hmmm... started back up no problem, rode home, hooked up laptop to set closed throttle position,now that its warmed up, and it stalled again. I am calling Jamie on Monday to ask his opinion, any one have one of these to shed some light? One more thing, I thought maybeeee, map was off. So I used a PC map M818-019, same thing. Just b4 it quits, idle goes up to 1350rpmlike it is lean, then drops to 800 rpm lie its rich, spits out the air filter and diesels to a stop.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Bagginit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PC III bikes shuts off???

Installed a PCIII on my 08 RKC and had the same problem. Idled fine when cold, but once it warmed up, would frequently stall. PCIII was acting funny from the start, even though my throttle was adjusted properly, the % fuel change at idle was not matching the value prescribed in the map.

Sent my unit back to Jamie and he sent me another unit. So far the new unit seems to function properly. No stalling so far but havent ridden yet due to the winter. Just idled. Jamie told me he testedmy original unitbriefly on one of his bikes, but couldnt find a problem so he sent it back to Dynojet. Even the LED was not working correctly and was continuously reading lean and never moving toward the middle when I blipped the throttle.

I bought the PCIII on a whim, but in hindsight, I should have bought a SERT. I am an engineer, and believe the SERT is a better engineered piece of software provided one has the time and money to properly calibrate it. I am NOT trying to spark a debate. Just voicing my personal preference.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Should have waited for Thundermax! I'm trying very hard to be patient for the 08's... Is it ready yet? How 'bout now??? Good luck!

Old 03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
Jsans
Tourer

I finally gave up on waiting for the TMax and thought I would give the PCIII a try. Will install it next weekend. If I'm happy with it I'll scrap my plans to install the TMax. The intersting thing is that the map installed by Fuel Moto varies quite a bit from the one that I downloaded from the site for my configuration.

Let us know if the issues with your PCIIIs get corrected.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I haven't heard of any problems like that. I'm sure Jamie will take care of it one way or the other. I have been very happy with my PCIII from him and know that he will do what it takes to fix your issues. Keep us updated.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:48 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time

Jsans...My map numbers were off too, comparing PC's site map... Fuel Moto's were richer in fuel curve. I'll post what Jamie has for suggestions. I wanted the Thundermax too, but they told me last fall, "end of year" , then it was "early first of year". Didn't want to wait any longer.These PC's will work fine.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 AM
streetglidedean
2nd Gear

Can sombody say fuel pack,I have over 2,100 miles on my fuel pack,and never stalled or idle funny,just all around power,and alot of fun,If you have an 08 streetglide like me i would rec. FUEL PACK

Im just a happy camper with the FUEL PACK, not trying to spark any debate. thanks

Old 03-10-2008, 08:42 AM
bezoar
Tourer

F**k! I was all set to get the PCIII set up from Jamie, now this! I’m really hesitant to get it now. I’ll go to my first choice, the Fuel Pack. I plan on installing a stage I and going on a road trip, but I don’t want to be screwing around with a PC in order to get my ride right!

[IMG]local://upfiles/38807/CF9EDCEED9DB4FF59963DF5FDF890884.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

This is interesting because it seems that only ones having issues from there PCIII are the ones from Jamie. Maybe that is because he has sold a ton of them to people on this forum...? I bought mine used from my local dealer (sister store of FBI) and no problems at all. If anyone don't know my set up, it is a home made 2-1 and a muffler with a pipe welded straight threw. We loaded a thunderheader map and no decel pop except in mid rage. I used the front buttons to go up +1 in the mid and it took care of it, runs GREAT! Did Fuelmoto get a bad batch..?

Old 03-10-2008, 06:08 PM
timberland
Road Master

Jamie at Fuel Moto had the fix. Just like our computers, once in a while when you load a program, it works, but the program didn't load all that it was supposed too, so you have to reload..... Same simple fix on the Power Commander.Plug Power Commander into laptop,Open Power Commander program,turn bike key to on, click on get map, click on "Tools", then at bottom of list click on "Enviroment Options", and at the bottom of that list click "Reset Power Commander" some wordy words pop up about erasing or deleting map file, 'delete' this is what you need to do, then click "OK".... reload map that Jamie emailed you, or the Power Commander map from their web site. Reset throttle position. Fixed.No more stalling.

I had the right idea by loading a new map yesterday,however, I now knowyou should always "reset power commander" if you are going to load amap,and notrely on thenew map writing over the old map.Or in this case, that the pre map unit accepted the map upload in its entirety .

To bypass the Power Commander you can go through the process of deleting the Power Commander map in the "enviroment options tab", then start the bike...it runs just like Harley had it,... lean and no power.

Quick Reply: PC III bikes shuts off???