Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III bikes shuts off???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PC III bikes shuts off???

ORIGINAL: timberland

Jamie at Fuel Moto had the fix. Just like our computers, once in a while when you load a program, it works, but the program didn't load all that it was supposed too, so you have to reload..... Same simple fix on the Power Commander.Plug Power Commander into laptop,Open Power Commander program,turn bike key to on, click on get map, click on "Tools", then at bottom of list click on "Enviroment Options", and at the bottom of that list click "Reset Power Commander" some wordy words pop up about erasing or deleting map file, 'delete' this is what you need to do, then click "OK".... reload map that Jamie emailed you, or the Power Commander map from their web site. Reset throttle position. Fixed.No more stalling.

I had the right idea by loading a new map yesterday,however, I now knowyou should always "reset power commander" if you are going to load amap,and notrely on thenew map writing over the old map.Or in this case, that the pre map unit accepted the map upload in its entirety .

To bypass the Power Commander you can go through the process of deleting the Power Commander map in the "enviroment options tab", then start the bike...it runs just like Harley had it,... lean and no power.
Timber,
Yes, the handshake and download process is critical between the device and laptop, good to see it works for you. I will print your instructions for when I do mine this weekend.
You tested it thoroughly? No decel popping? How's the power? It will be interesting to see how the fuel consumption is with all the rich settings.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
tacodawg
Intermediate

I got my unit from Jamie about two months ago and it is for an 08 Street Glide. I have had no problems at all with it.. The bike runs great and I have put about 500 miles on it since the install. I am not too concerned about fuel mileage, I just ride the bike.. it does seem to idle a little higher than before but the performance in great and so is the sound.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Jsans
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tacodawg

I got my unit from Jamie about two months ago and it is for an 08 Street Glide. I have had no problems at all with it.. The bike runs great and I have put about 500 miles on it since the install. I am not too concerned about fuel mileage, I just ride the bike.. it does seem to idle a little higher than before but the performance in great and so is the sound.
Did you have to set the closed throttle position?