Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more trailer threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:08 PM
Road King Kong
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No more trailer threads

great story,its pretty amazing

Old 03-09-2008, 05:42 PM
DKSS07
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: UltraDave

That was a great story! I hope I live that long and can still ride.
I second that! God bless her.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:49 PM
roadkingbigjoe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your dam right we are Bill. I have not ever got on here and trash talked any one for thier choices in anything, but yet you feel its your "duty" to enlighten everyone on what is the right or wrong choice for them. But I guess that kind of figures you being a retired cop you cant bully anyone around out on the street to yourtwisted idea of right and wrong you feel the need do in here on the fourm.

As far as the curse you feel was put on you I adressed that last week on your eye problem thread.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:03 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

BigJoe,

There you go getting your panties in a bunch again because someone has a different opinion than you about trailering. No trash talking about it. I havejust stated that Idon't understand the point in having a bike specifically designed for traveling and putting it on a trailer. I'm not trying to tell you you can't, or what is right or wrong for you. Just stating my opinion like everyone else does on this forum.

I guess being a retired cop has some relevance here, but I can't for the life of me see what it is. Oh! yes, it's because all cops are bullies, and when they retire and have no one to bully, they have to resort to picking onYOU on a forum. Now, there is some real logic. Guess you don't like people that are/were cops any better than you like people that actually ride their bikes.

But there you go again, throwing out insults and inuendos in defense of trailering. You must really have a complex about trailering, or you wouldn't have to use such tactics to defend it. You could just say, "That's what I do and it's OK". I have friends that I ride with that trailer, and that is exactly their attitude.

By the way, if you feel the need to further this with personal attacks why don't we take it to PM's so this thread doesn't get locked likeothers have?

Bill

Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 AM
v2in
Tourer

I rode down from Tennessee to Daytona and only saw one guy packed down. He was in Atlanta on a Road King. Hundreds of trailers with dressers loaded on them. It was cold both ways but I just dressed warm. On the way home There were a few more riders and many more trailers. I'll admit that most of these trailers were from the frozen tundra to the North. Ride 'em if ya got 'em. Just don't wave at me from your cage.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:27 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

[quote]ORIGINAL: billnourse

You'll never convience the "trailer queens". They will always have an excuse for not riding. too hot, too cold, too much rain, too dry,too far, not enough time, physical problem, wife don't like it, don't have a wife to ride with and the list goes on.

Some bought motorcycles to ride, some bought them to haul to rallys. To each his own I guess. You will never be able to explain to these people that it is about the ride, not just getting to a rally.

If you say anything negative about a traileryou will get a curse put on you by those that think they have to justify their need to trailer everywhere they go. You will also find that you are a lowlife that doesn't have the money, education or motivation to be able to afford a trailer and motorhome, and you are just jealous of those that do.

These guys are brutal in thedefense of their trailers.

Bill

I gotta love my wife! Last time we rode to Sturgis, she was just trippin at all the dressers on trailers! Here we were on the road for 10 days with only the things that will fit in a small leather bag between her passenger seat and the license plate, two sleepin bags,a tent and a small cooler! Risin the tilton Hilton! She's like "Sh*t - I'd kill to have a saddle bag and they're all on trailers! This girl has rode hard with me for 31 years! What an angel. I finally broke down and bought a Road Glide so she can have the saddle bags! All I need is the Levis I'm wearin. Another pair in case I rip the current ones, tennies, flip -flops, a couple pairs of skivs & socks! Couple shirts cause your probly gonna buy a couple on the road. Every town has a laundry!

Old 03-10-2008, 08:28 AM
jackja25
Road Captain

I hope God continues to bless this lady, what a inspiration. And please dont condem me, I'm going to put my scoot in the back of my truck and pull my camper to the Smokies for 11 days. My wife and I figured we could travel quicker in the truck and have more time devoted to riding in the Tenn/NC/KY area. This is our first time not riding and it may not work out as expected.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

To each his own bro! You'll probably miss ridin' the first time someone blows by you! LOL I'm gettin close to retirement myself and may have to trailer someday but until then we'll be on the bike!

Oh yaa. Another trick my ol'ady has used for years. Use the slepping bags to carry small clothing. You know - unmentionables and stuff!

Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
T Prescott
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: v2in

Just don't wave at me from your cage.
LMAO That's a good one.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:17 AM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member