Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-Bags Dakota and Tour-Pak spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default T-Bags Dakota and Tour-Pak spoiler?

I have a brand new Dekker Supreme that I haven't even strapped to the bike yet and decided that it wasn't as big as I thought so I ordered a Dakota bag. After ordering it I went to T-Bags' site and looked at the install directions and it says not to use it with a spoiler. Does any one have this combination? Why won't it work with the spoiler on the Tour-Pak?

Thanks,
Jim

Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: T-Bags Dakota and Tour-Pak spoiler?

I have the premium luggage rack and the HD LED TP spoiler and my Dekker Supreme bag fits just fine with no problems at all.

After rereading your post, I realized you were asking about the Dakota bag. Sorry, but I can't answer that question. But as I stated above, the Dekker is ok. To be honest though, I find the Dekker to be more than adequate and I wouldn't want anything any larger than it. Don't forget that you can remove the 1" rigid foam panels which will greatly add to the size volume of the bag. When fully loaded, it has some weight to it and you are mounting it on the highest point of your scoot. It does affect your center of balance with that much weight making your ride top heavy. Food for thought.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: soos

I have the premium luggage rack and the HD LED TP spoiler and my Dekker Supreme bag fits just fine with no problems at all.

After rereading your post, I realized your were asking about the Dakota bag. Sorry, but I can't answer that question. But as I stated above, the Dekker is ok.
Thanks Soos. I sat the Dekker on the rack and it fits great but with the foam stiffeners in, it is pretty small and without, it is pretty floppy. That's why I decided to order the Dakota, now I guess I'll have to wait until it arrives to see if it will work with the spoiler and pay return shipping if not.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:00 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't use the foam stiffeners and it's not floppy when you pack it with clothing.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:35 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah've got the Dakota, an' the largest TP rack - no problems....

[IMG]local://upfiles/19857/A46C080E967C4CE7973C8CECAE6EE4F6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Badfinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Texasredneck, forget the luggage do you have reverse on that thing???

Ride well,

Jim

Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Ah've got the Dakota, an' the largest TP rack - no problems....

[IMG]local://upfiles/19857/A46C080E967C4CE7973C8CECAE6EE4F6.jpg[/IMG]
With all due respect...You carry a LOT of stuff TR!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Yer right - it's a ton of stuff...includin' several k worth of knick-knacks from various Indian reservations (jewelry, woven goods, etc),clothin' for 2 weeks, 2 sets of rain gear (w/body armor), 2 full sets of leather (w/armoured jackets), first aid kit, laptop, armoured mesh jackets, coffee percolator w/the fixin's, camera rig w/tripod, 4 one-liter fuel cells, cleanin' stuff, air pump/gauge, bike cover, tools,an' the wife's war paint bag. Standin' joke 'round the fellers ah ride with is that if ah ain't got it, it ain't made - but when we go out west, we're often on roads whar ya won't see another soul fer hours on end.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Olde Skool
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

Yer right - it's a ton of stuff...includin' several k worth of knick-knacks from various Indian reservations (jewelry, woven goods, etc),clothin' for 2 weeks, 2 sets of rain gear (w/body armor), 2 full sets of leather (w/armoured jackets), first aid kit, laptop, armoured mesh jackets, coffee percolator w/the fixin's, camera rig w/tripod, 4 one-liter fuel cells, cleanin' stuff, air pump/gauge, bike cover, tools,an' the wife's war paint bag. Standin' joke 'round the fellers ah ride with is that if ah ain't got it, it ain't made - but when we go out west, we're often on roads whar ya won't see another soul fer hours on end.
Hey Tex...I like your avitar...Been wanting to ask ya this for many moons...Does your upper lip stick to all them bugs when yer done smilin?

Old 03-09-2008, 12:03 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Olde Skool
Hey Tex...I like your avitar...Been wanting to ask ya this for many moons...Does your upper lip stick to all them bugs when yer done smilin?
Thanks!

Nah - they don't stick - ah lick 'em off with mah tongue first....turns the better half on.

Quick Reply: T-Bags Dakota and Tour-Pak spoiler?