Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hawg Wired Double Shot Install (Photos)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Sodiee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hawg Wired Double Shot Install (Photos)

burger fxstsse,The white thing in my fairing is a Tune Trapper antenna.I did away with my stock antenna and it looks much cleaner.The Tune Trapper works good but not as good as the stock antenna.I mostly listen to MP3 discs so it's not that big of a deal to me.

ORIGINAL: burger fxstsse

What is the white antenna looking like thing running across the upper part of your fairing? Pretty easy install wasn't it? I have the exact same system, and finally got the bike out for it's first ride. I can say nothing about good things with the system. It looks like you had a lot more room with out the XM module installed. With it, it makes for a tight fit, but it does go together. Not totally happy with the xm radio on my first ride, really spotty coverage in the city, but good out on the highway.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:10 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

I believe the Hog Tunes amp is 24 watts RMS

Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Sodiee
Tourer

Hog Tunes web page says their amp has 48 watts.Hawg Wired is 75 watts X 2 =150 watts.

ORIGINAL: FLHT

Old 03-09-2008, 08:57 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: GlideMan

Who needs tunes anyways. Just install a big fat set ofcams, a hi-po crank, some oversized slugs anda boarzilla. After riding that for 100 miles you won't hear anything coming from the speakers anyways. Jut trust me on this one. I got in 2 hours ago and my ears ar still ringing.
Don't forget that PM I sent you.... Dalton's setup will quiet it down a bit in addition to what I had mentioned....

Old 03-10-2008, 07:51 AM
mgilkison
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In reply to Bigdoghd I have had the Hogtunes system (amp and 4 speakers) and the Hawg wired DSC1202 (amp and 2 speakers, which is their new direct connect system. Plug and Play) and I have to say that the Hawg Wired wins hands down. Pez is a great man, sells a good product but at 70 miles an hour I still couldn't hear the stereo. Hawg-wired system was off the chain loud and clear. The DSC1202 with the Hawg wired SX series speakers cost me around $680 and was well worth it.The reson I went with the DSC series amp was that I didn't want to cut wires, run wires or splice wires. Not that I couldn't do it since I do it at least once a week but the integrity of the bike is still intact. In fact every thing on the Ultra from the air horns, led lights,trailer wiring, etc. etc. is all plug and play and No Wiring has been cut on the bike. For me it is about peace of mind knowing if something does go wrong it isn't something that I f$%ked up.

Just an FYI and not written to bag on anyone or prop up anyone. Its about personal choices and likes.

thanks

Possum

Old 03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
FLHXn
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait to get mine!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:04 PM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser

Congrats, My Double Shot will be installed next Mon by a local HD dealer, Just dont seem to have the time lately. Same cant be said for sitting on the pc spending money. Enjoy,,

Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Sodiee

Hog Tunes web page says their amp has 48 watts.Hawg Wired is 75 watts X 2 =150 watts.

ORIGINAL: FLHT

Yep 24 x 2 = 48 peak total

Old 03-10-2008, 05:34 PM
PFD232
Cruiser

I also just put the double shots on my 08 SG! Wish I would have poked me head around this forum for the savings! I got mine from hawg wired and the bill was $844 but like it was said early I love me tunes and this is pricey system but have heard only but good things about it. It is 150 watts of clear sounding tunes!!!! Spend da money brother!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:45 PM
getnbizzy
Intermediate
Default best hawg wired double shot system deal from shooter64

just wanted to update this old post. Today 6/9/09 I purchased the hawg wired double shot system for $699 shipped to my door.
Best price I've found so far thanks to this thread. Oh and thanks to Shooter64.

Quick Reply: Hawg Wired Double Shot Install (Photos)