Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new wheel advice needed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Drugdawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new wheel advice needed...

I am thinking of changing my stock Street Glide wheels for a set of HogPro 18 inch Lemans. What is the difference in the way the bike will handle in going tho the 18s or even going with a 21 on the front? Do you have to get a new front fender with the 18s? I am really quite clueless, having never run anything but stock wheels. I just really don't like the SG stock slotted wheels much. Any advice or pictures of ideas would be appreciated. Feedback on different manufacturers would be great too, HogPro or any other. Thanks DD

Old 03-11-2008, 12:00 AM
indaupeh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new wheel advice needed...

Hey Dawg if it were my bike I'd stick with the size tires (16") and get spokes or a set of mags ya like. Theres nothing like the tried and true wide wheels the bike came with for handeling. My Road King Custom was ordered and the first owner picked spoked wheels and pearl paint (just what I would have done) and I could'nt be happyer. My 77 Super Glide
had a 19" front before the fat boy make over. The handeling with the wide front end and 16" front tire was a night and day difference (to the good ) I'll never go back. But in the end your the one that has to live with your choice and if it don't make ya grinnen happy you'll just be spending more money. Best of luck ride free ride safe.

indaupeh