Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Thunder TV Show...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Buddha64
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Thunder TV Show...

ORIGINAL: Pat

ORIGINAL: russl179

Can she read?

Does it matter?
I'll help her memorize the lines so she doesn't have to read

Old 03-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I was a Build or Bust fan also and hated to see the show go south.I live near OCC and have enough of them to last a lifetime so they are off the list.That bunch are a disgrace to bikers everywhere.
Vinnie the guy from OCC would be a good host as he isa natural with a known name.Michelle Smith needs a wardrobe adjustment to better align with her age.When they want to show a handlebar install on a bike,and the risers are off the screen and Smiths sacks are front and center,the show looses its luster real fast.
Find younger talent if thats the route your trying to take.Dont try to pass off a tit show as a technical article.
OK final tally Vinnie demartino from OCCand the georgeous Blonde in the above post...

Old 03-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I live near OCC and have enough of them to last a lifetime so they are off the list.
You hear anything about 20-25 yr old guy slapping Paul SR arouind?

Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
thall
Road Master

can't wait to see a descent bike show on the boob tube

Old 03-08-2008, 12:41 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember when this show was hosted bydudes. It used to be way better.
Now it's all about the saggy flesh hanging in the way while she pretends to wrench on a project.

Bring back Epic rides and Corbin's Ride On.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Personally,

I think Michelle is HOT. Yea, I know, she's not 19. Precisely WHY I think she's hot. Ill take an attractive, fit, 30-40 year old WOMAN over a 19 year old twit GIRL any day of the week. But thats just me. Supposedly she's the nicest person in the world when you meet her as well. Seems to be pretty intelligent in most of the interviews I have read with her, although her onscreen delivery can seem kinda wooden and forced at times.

The show however, HAS become such a pimp for PM, J&P, and Kury, that its painful to watch anymore. I had to laugh out load as they were putting CHROME bag latches on the Street Glide. Thus negating on of the "features" that sets that bike apart from every other model of bagger.

I also liked "Build or Bust" but I think towards the end, they were almost actively TRYING to screw the builders up. I really liked the one where the guy built the rusted out looking bike (he was an ornamental ironworker I think) I believe that was the one where he technically did not make the deadline due to a weak battery, but Russell stepped in and said "screw that" because the guy had worked SO hard and SO diligently.

OCC? I think they have done some kewl looking bikes, but after the first season (when it was about building the bikes) it just got stupid. Someone needs to put THEIR size 12s right up SRs ***. But I have to admit, If I could make myself a multimillionaire many times over, I don't know how much I would care about credibility. I think JR does have some real design talent (if not fabrication). And sometimes being the smart person DOES mean surrounding yourself with people who posses talents you dont. But I would like to hope that if I was in their shoes, I would have enough integrity to SHARE the spotlight and the riches with those who contribute. (VINNY, Rick, etc) Then again, we don't KNOW what the arrangement there REALLY was. For all we know, Vinny and the others could be very well off for agreeing to play the fall guys. Stan Laural was ALWAYS the man behind Laural and Hardy, In COMPLETE control, from the git, Hardy just showed up and played his part, but that was never known until well after their careers had wound down. But the plan WORKED, and it made them both very successful.

Corbins ride on was just pimping Corbin too much.

The street bike show is kinda kewl (and different) but I REALLY dislike pulling that kind of **** on public roads, no matter how much talent it takes. So thats kind of a turn-off for me towards that show. That, and after the 100th time, stoppies just are not that kewl anymore. (not that I could ever do it, but still, only so many times you can see it before it looses its lustere)

V-twin TV was looking promising, but what happened?

I liked the biker build offs. Some amazing talent in those,(I met Matt Hotch at Strugis, VERY nice guy) but I think Billy Lane won FAR too many times based on his name, and not on the bike he built.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:47 PM
run1fsr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I've met Michelle twice at different events ... very nice girl (.) (.)

Old 03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yeah it happened in front of Eddies Deli between Mike Sr and Mike Jr of Mikes towing in Montgomery.
Ya see,Mike JR and Paul Jr were the first ones to start building choppers.Paul Sr owned Orange county iron works and made ornamental iron and such.Paul was going to sponcer them to form thier own buisness and it was inthe works when the guys came filming the chopper series.
So its told,Mike Jr didnt have the cash at the time to buy in,but he was still1/2 of the operation.In between the time that the offer to go full scale with OCC and the time Mike got the cash,the Pilgram Productions crew had already filmed a pilot.He came with the cash and the Teutuls said we dont need you and cut him out.
That caused alot of bad blood between the two families.Once the whole "rock star "attitude kicked in,they alienated the rest of the community also.Hell those guys would set up a stand during the local General Montgomery day and charge locals $20for an autograph.The same people they went to school with.Unreal type of attitude.
Anyways last summer the three (Mike Jr and Sr and Paul Sr) happened upon one another in the deli,and Paul threw hot coffee on Mike Sr and Jr.(so i heard) and they went outside and waited on him to come out.Paul took an asswhuppin that had to postpone filming for a while.LOL
The cops were called and so it goes.

Old 02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain

Hey if anybody puts on a t v show i want to be in the DON'T RIDE LIKE ME SEGMENT LOL OR HOW NOT TO'S. LOL THANK YOU .

Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 AM
tinker1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've watched American Iron a few times. I like Michelle - she was easy on the eyes and knew what she was talking about. I heard from a few guys that met her at bike events, and they said she was really down to earth and nice to talk to.

THEN. The show changed and (I think) they called it American Iron 2. They had some complete air head bimbo on there, and every other thing she said had something to do with "do I look cute?". I didn't make it through the first show, and haven't watched since.

So I don't watch any biker type shows... there really is NOTHING worth watching out there IMHO.

Quick Reply: American Thunder TV Show...