Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Thunder TV Show...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: American Thunder TV Show...

ORIGINAL: tarheelrdr

Yeah, I like american thunder, but it seems like every time i get to watch it, it's a rerun and usually one I didn't really like anyway.
Same here. Had the DVR set to record it and it's always a damn repeat!

Old 03-07-2008, 03:57 PM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 83 Posts

While I watch all the shows as well as the powerblock on the weekends when I can. I hate all of them at the same time for not being what they truley can be.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:01 PM
mestude
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Motown_HOG

Yeah, I like american thunder, but it seems like every time i get to watch it, it's a rerun and usually one I didn't really like anyway.
i too set the DVR and not only get the repeat, i get 5-6 in two days because they cant even tell us its going to be a repeat..However i think you may all being a little harsh on Michele. I know, a little older, but if you ever watch the show, she gets in her own little inuendos about the twins, i think she's cool...Speed used to have 2-3 good bike shows...Just last season, what happened to "Epic Ride"? That seemed good..

Old 03-07-2008, 04:13 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I first started riding again, in 2000, I found myself gravitated to any form of media about bikes and biking especially if they involved Harley Davidson motorcycles. American Thunder, back then, was not so bad to watch. Lots of bikes, and some good stories.

As I mentioned before, I am not a huge fan of Michele. I am sure she is a great girl in person, but as a woman who likes to watch, I felt the sexuality content began to undermine the actual topic content and quality. I think it would be different if I sensed that she was really a biker was on the show because of her love of biking. The actual impression I got was that this was a job...She could be on a cooking show for all that THAT mattered.

It would be nice to see a hostess or host, who actually rides and can be an inspiration to other riders. Topics could include not just custom building but perhaps range from road trips, breakdowns, biker friendly accomodations, and travelling tips to cleaning, winter storage & maintenance tips. This could also inspire other avenues for biker awareness and safety issues.

I think there is a lot interesting information out there on the road that could be shared with viewers and would entertain the avid and beginner biker alike. I know in my experience, I could write volumes of great stories about the people I have met, and the sites I have seen, not to mention lessons I have learned throughout my own travels. I wish I had the talent to do that ... instead, I have a wall filled with photos in my own livingroom that depicts many stories. Cherished memories I love to share.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:34 PM
rtbuck89
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 138 Posts

Check out the kid helping Jay on that bagger project. Hilarious.

Old 03-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Rocket Jockey
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Hey Buddy -

I got your co-host........

She looks intelligent, obviously she love motorcycles, the top she is wearing is made out of shop rags and I recognize the belly piercing, it is a graduation pin from Wyotech!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

Biggzed, feel free to give her my number.
And I thought only Goldwings had air bags....hmmmmmm.

RJ

Old 03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Roadking04
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought V-Twin magazine show was pretty good why did they drop that. They can keep two wheel Tuesday as far as I'm concerned.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Bigbender
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mestude

ORIGINAL: Motown_HOG

i too set the DVR and not only get the repeat, i get 5-6 in two days because they cant even tell us its going to be a repeat..However i think you may all being a little harsh on Michele. I know, a little older, but if you ever watch the show, she gets in her own little inuendos about the twins, i think she's cool...Speed used to have 2-3 good bike shows...Just last season, what happened to "Epic Ride"? That seemed good..
Exactly... Why doesn't someone at the Speed channel realize they've played the same episodes over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and then a few more times. If you just started watching the show back in the fall, you'd think there were only four episodes ever made. The trip to Hawaii, the poker run to Daytona, the "ROT Rally" and the Laughlin rally.

What ever happened to the show called "Ride with Corwin" or a title something like that ? He was a guy that went on road trips or to rallies and shared his video from the trip. I only saw it a few times but I liked it.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
IslandGlide
Cruiser

Man, obviously the producers need to use us in a little brainstorming/foces groupsession. Obviously, Kury, J&P, Ness, etc are the main sponsors-not such a big deal in my opinion, you have to pay for Michele's inflations somehow,if they just could add a bit more reality to the rest of the show...what to look for in a used bike, how to do a 1000m service, how to plug a tire roadside, cool trips and scenery...I also think an honest to god road test on a new model would be a great idea too (no, not a f$^&in' paid for infomercial, a REAL roadtest!!). Anyways, did anyone say *****?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:01 PM
HDULTCLA
Advanced

I would lovea show on touring bikes, destinations, accomidations, and routes. Someone go visit Hollywood and pitch the idea. I dvr A.T. show and after I fast forward through bla-bla-bla Custom Chopper, bla-bla blawhats new at J&P this week, bla-bla-bla another custom chopper I have 5 minutes of interesting riding/conversation/viewing left.

Quick Reply: American Thunder TV Show...