Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIIIR and Hooker Tuned Flows

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 07:05 AM
bdaug50
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCIIIR and Hooker Tuned Flows

2005 Electra Glide, stock everything other than stage I, Hooker Tuned Flow slipons and a PCIIIR. Curious if anyone else has this setup. I put the Power Commander on and didn't notice a difference even using their map for this exact setup. Anyone else had this issue? I have the mufflers set to PC's recommendation of the left set to torque and the right set to HP.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:47 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: PCIIIR and Hooker Tuned Flows

Get the bike dyno tuned. That's the best thing you can do.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:24 PM
UGGA
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same setup as you - maybe. I'm not sure what you mean by stage I - A/C only or download too? I've got the Hooker tuned flow slip ons (don't you love the sound?), stage I A/C & download, and PCIII. My PCIII is the USB model instead of the R, but I don't think that should make a difference. My bike runs flawlessly with the canned map #M807-161. I originally started with map# M807-004. Both are for my exact setup, but different years. It made a big difference for me switching from the 004 to the 161. Map #161 is the correct map for your bike IF you have both the Stage I download and A/C. What map# are you running?

Doug

Old 01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
bdaug50
Cruiser

My mistake, my PC is a USB one also. I used the same map as you did. I did "download" the PC a few days before I installed it so I wonder if it forgot what map I sent it. What do you have your pipes set at, the same as I with left set to T and right set to H? Also, I do have the A/C and HD download. I did let the bike warm up to normal temp, as best as that can get when its 40 degrees in Wisconsin, before I rode it with the PC. I'm planning to dyno it soon, hopefully before riding season begins in earnest again. Any thoughts on a reasonable cost for a dyno setup? My local HD dealer is a PC certified one. Thanks for all your guy's help, this is only my second bike, first was a peace officer edition fatboy. This one was an actual police bike for a sheriff's department, but they did things in the typical police fashion and dragged their heels so much they never took delivery of it. Thanks again.

Old 01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
UGGA
Road Captain

I'm running my pipes at T (#1 setting) on the left and the #2 setting on the right. I tried the #4 setting (H) on the right for a while but I'm sure that the neighbors didn't appreciate it. Car alarms all over the city were mysteriously activating for no apparent reason. My bike runs perfect on both the #2 and #4 settings, but I know that it's a tad rich on #2. No decel popping on either setting, and no off-idle hesitation either. No hiccups anywhere in the power band.

It sounds to me like your map download never "took" for some reason. I'd try redownloading the map #M807-161. The difference should be night and day - it was on my bike. If redownloading doesn't work, give Dynojet a call at (800) 992-4993.

Slightly off topic, one problem that I am now having since I installed the PCIII is that the bike takes longer to start when cold. Instead of firing instantly on the first crank, it now takes several cranks before she fires. The problem doesn't occur when the bike is warm. I have another post on this matter in the electrical/ignition section of this forum. Good luck!

Doug

Old 01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Ditto this will get the most out of your bike.
ORIGINAL: CHEYENNE

Get the bike dyno tuned. That's the best thing you can do.

Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
bdaug50
Cruiser

Thanks all. I'll try re downloading the PC this thurs and repost my results. Perhaps it never did take the download because I started mine right up after it sat for awhile and it was no warmer than 50 degrees in the garage where it is stored.