Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hypercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:25 PM
usafammo
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypercharger

Ibought a 04 R/K Classic with the Stage 1 ECM download, filter and kerker fishtail exhaust installed by the dealer. I changed the air filter to a Kuryakin Hypercharger. The bike runs fine and gas mileage is good. Do I need to by a PCIII and remap? I figured the SE Airfilter and the Hypercharger draw the same amount of air. Am I way off base?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 PM
bsharris
Advanced
Default RE: Hypercharger

I think if you have altered the intake or pipes in any way you should definitely use some sort of tuner to balance the fuel/air mixture properly, which the stage one downloadcertainly will do, I am pretty sure that the Hypercharger will allow more airinto the engine which would require a dyno and remap of theECM. I would personally go for some othe tuner that you can adjust yourself withoutneeding the dealer and their expense for tuning and dyno.I personally have a Thundermax with autotune, more expensive than the rest, but Iwill never need a dyno tune no matter how many upgrades I do to the engine.But I amcurious to know if you feel the Hypercharger and the SE air filter allow the same amount of air, then why spend the money ON the Hypercharger?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:33 PM
eglidetrike1
Road Master

Run it a little while then pull the plugs, if there a nice light tan color your good.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Northside
Road Warrior
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts

ORIGINAL: eglidetrike1

Run it a little while then pull the plugs, if there a nice light tan color your good.
That's right, if the plugs look good, it doesn't spit back thru the air cleaner, and it isn't so hot you fry your leg, you're good to go! Your other option is to read all these posts, worry your *** off, get a T-Max, a FatCat, change to Amsoil.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:00 PM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Northside

ORIGINAL: eglidetrike1

That's right, if the plugs look good, it doesn't spit back thru the air cleaner, and it isn't so hot you fry your leg, you're good to go! Your other option is to read all these posts, worry your *** off, get a T-Max, a FatCat, change to Amsoil.
+1 on the ... Your other option is to read all these posts, worry your *** off, get a SERT, a Rhinehart, change to Amsoil.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:16 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

You'll be fine...The SE air cleaner and the hyper flow approximately the same amount of air. As long as it was running alright before with the stage I flash, it will continue to do so.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
usafammo
5th Gear

Thanks for all the advice. I went with the hypercharger not for performance but for looks. I've put about 2300 miles on it since the install and the bike runs exactly the same. I will be changing the plugs for the new season and will take a good look at them. I will also take everyone's advice concerning the amsoil. Thanks again.