Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart Quiet Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 PM
fettnersa
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart Quiet Baffles

Has anyone installed the 2" quiet baffles in the true dual set up and noticed any difference in power loss or gain? How is the sound compared to the stock baffles? I had my cams changed to Andrews 37's and the rineharts are even louder than they were. Mine are the first generation mufflers that use 3 different size baffles 2" for quiet, 2 1/4 standard, and 2.5 performance. Just wondering if I will need to retune the sert with the smaller baffles. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Sodiee
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Rinehart Quiet Baffles

I'm running the quiet baffels in my 08 FLHX and I like them.Don't expect them to be too quiet though.I think Rinehart says 7 decibles less.They really help at highway speed when I'm trying to listen to my radio.Crank onthe throttle and it's still loud.My H-D dealership said they I would only loose a couple of horsepower so I think that their worth it.The only thing that I don't like about the baffels is that they take away some of the low rumble the pipes have at idle.Hope this helps!

Old 03-06-2008, 07:44 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This might be one of the first posts on wanting a Harley to be quiet. I just went the other way and had the Rinehart high performance baffles installed for my true duals. Mine is LOUD now!
To each their own. Ride on

Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you have the performance baffels in when you did the race tuner or after. Did you dyno the bike before or after as well. I have been thinking about getting these baffels but could not get any feed back from the forum... Thanks in advance.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:29 PM
fettnersa
Tourer

Just trying to save what's left of my hearing!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 PM
fettnersa
Tourer

I had the sert and dyno done with the standard baffles in. Hope the quiet's wont make a difference on the tune!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Road King 22
Intermediate

Its funny that this post comes up now. I have just changed my rinehart baffles out from the standard 2 1/4" to the quiet 2" baffles.
In my opinion it made a big difference in the sound, alot quieter. Still has a nice rumble and has taken some of the higher pitch out.
My build is a 95" with the 37G cam heads done and the works. It made 98 horse and 104 torque with the standard baffles when I had
it dynoed after the build. My bike is in the shop getting dynoed as we speak. Should have numbers tommorow and the sheet by Saturaday.
I am planning on posting both sheets that way people can see the difference if any? Time will tell. I think the bike was running alittle richer
after the baffle change but I only put 30 miles on and decided just to take it in a see where it is and have the fine tuning done if needed.
Hope this helps

Old 03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bike never needed a dyno. The download hits it just perfect. The Race tuner and download are all you need. My bike runs great

Old 03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
fettnersa
Tourer

Road King, please let me know what you find out and if you needed any fine tuning.

Old 03-06-2008, 11:30 PM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ummmm. why? I need help with this one.

2 each, his own... Best of luck to ya on this one.

Quick Reply: Rinehart Quiet Baffles