Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for cool medic alert tags

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
rfp1954
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for cool medic alert tags

Looking forMedic Alert tags. I just recently was put onCoumadin and need to have something to letpeople know. Does any one know where I can get some tags or are there other choices. I'm not a braclet kind of guy. Appreciate and comments or suggestions.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Looking for cool medic alert tags

tatoo

Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dog tag on the jacket or around the neck. You can also get info/medical info on little pouches that stick to your helmet.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:01 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer

RFP1954
Check out this site, a flash drive to carry on your key chain with Medical Info, I read about it in Backroads Magazine! www.MyMedStick.comRide Safe! Bill

Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rfp1954

Looking for Medic Alert tags. I just recently was put on Coumadin and need to have something to let people know. Does any one know where I can get some tags or are there other choices. I'm not a braclet kind of guy. Appreciate and comments or suggestions.
Do yourself a favor and keep it simple by sticking to the "usual" medic alert offerings. As a paramedic, I want something obvious and instantly recognizable which will help me help you versus bling which will only help you circle the drain while I am trying to figure out wtf is wrong.

I have come across a few tattooed medical alert bracelets (if you can call them that) and as long as it is kept simple and obvious (ie. not something to be confused with usual artwork), then I love the idea since tattoos tend to stay on you unlike jewelery which can fall off.

Explore the watch bands, chains/pendants or even give a nice bracelet consideration.

Old 03-06-2008, 07:37 PM
looneycanuk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: daharleyrdr

RFP1954
Check out this site, a flash drive to carry on your key chain with Medical Info, I read about it in Backroads Magazine! www.MyMedStick.com Ride Safe! Bill
Sorry but this is useless in an emergency situation. While it is a cool toy, I don't see many of us paramedics asking you to hold on (while you are bleeding out) as I load up on the info from your flash drive on the non-existent computer.

Now, where this gizmo might be useful is at the hospital where the staff might have time to play with it.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:26 PM
ToWhlRidr
Advanced

I ordered some dogtags from http://www.armynavy.com/ with personal contact information on it. I ordered two sets with different emergency
contact phones numbers on them. Even though I have my wallet and cell phone, this is just something that can be checked quickly.

Old 03-07-2008, 08:33 AM
daharleyrdr
Tourer

Looneycanuc
Good Point!
See Im not a Medical Professional! I didnt think of it too much, I saw it advertised, Like anything else people sell, unless youi deal with it on a daily basis or its your job, you dont have too much of a clue only what the manufacturer tells you until you use itin a real life senerio! Perfect Example, my brother in AZ was a Paramedic/Fireman on Medivac Helicopters to transport patients sounds great, Until the day they crashed into the mountain side OOPS!!!! Pilot, and Flight Nurse were killed, he was the only survivor! Nowretired on disability!!! Thanks Bill

Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Salty
Stage II

First responders are not going to take the time to go through your belongings to find medical information - especially when they are taking the scissors to cut your gear off. Listen to the medic who posted earlier - make it something simple and obvious. If you use dogtags - make sure the medical alert one is red. Posting to the helmet is fine (back left side is recommended) but it should be one of several pieces of Emergency Contact information you have on you.

And don't lock your cell phone with a password. You probably have ICE as the first entry and what good is that if no one can get to it?

Scott La Shier
Northern VA