Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble code question

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
Andouille
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble code question

Got a trouble code P1353 - front cylinder no combustion on my 2007 Ultra, completely stock. After resetting the code, I took it out for a ride, while accelerating to interstate speed the light came on again for a few seconds. When I got home same code. Everything seems normal and the engine seems to be running fine at the time. From what I've observed it only comes on at higher speed, RPM does not seem to matter.

I've searched threads and only come up with checking the spark plug wire. I checked it and it seem that it may be a little loose. Can anyone help me with other things that I can check.Sorry about posting in this section, but it seems to have more traffic and I have a better chance for someone to answer.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Kahuna
Road Master
Default RE: Trouble code question

Take it in if it's still under warranty! No need to try guessing! Could be anything from bad coil to bad ECM.

ORIGINAL: Andouille

Got a trouble code P1353 - front cylinder no combustion on my 2007 Ultra, completely stock. After resetting the code, I took it out for a ride, while accelerating to interstate speed the light came on again for a few seconds. When I got home same code. Everything seems normal and the engine seems to be running fine at the time. From what I've observed it only comes on at higher speed, RPM does not seem to matter.

I've searched threads and only come up with checking the spark plug wire. I checked it and it seem that it may be a little loose. Can anyone help me with other things that I can check.Sorry about posting in this section, but it seems to have more traffic and I have a better chance for someone to answer.

Thanks

Old 03-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Big Peter
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Andouille

Thanks
I found this: Fault Code P1353Front Cylinder No Combustion EFI

Peter

Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM
MidnightRider
Intermediate

I had the same code on mine when the plug misfired (backfired). Cleared it and no problems. In my case I didn't hold the button in long enough to let both sides fire. It stalled and engine light came on and that was the code.