Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hells Foundry Canadian Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:50 AM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Hells Foundry Canadian Shipping

My daughter sent a $25.00 pair of gloves across the border to my wife. UPS $40.00 brokerage. [:@] I don't mind paying a fair price for a real service, but that is robbery IMO.

On the other hand my "Ride like a Pro" DVD came USPS marked as a gift. No charges.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Bulldogge
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the shippers site before you decide which "speed" of shipping to use. Sometimes you can pay more for faster shipping and avoid (or minimize) the brokerage fees to Canada. It is quite a racket they have going to rip us Canucks off.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only use the Post Office. Unfortunately I also learned the hard way, a long time ago, never use any of the couriers. Ionly buy fromcompanies outside of Canada if they ship by mail, if they won't, I move on. Also, both Canada Post and USPS charge a small fee (much smaller than the couriers), but if the seller is willing put on the package that it is either a gift item or costs under $20, then there is no fee at all.

Probably the best supplier I have dealt with is Sorgys in Texas. He charges "real" shipping rates to Canada (and anywhere elseI suppose), he will send by mail and is a great guy to deal with. He doesn't sell Harley parts, but he sells and discounts out of all the major catalogues......if anyone is interested www.sorgys.com

Old 03-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: munch34m

G.S.T., brokerage and duty, you have to pay it all when importing goods into Canada.
Not quite munch. The brokerage companies involved with FedEx and UPS are owned by the courier companies and it is an extremely inflated charge. If it is listed on the package as a Gift or low cost item, then there are no taxes or duty as long as you ship by mail.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:59 AM
BCguy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPS BAD! I got burnt before and won't buy if the part is going to be shipped courier. USPS GOOD! Minimum charges for cross border shipping.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Your solution is to get someone close to a border to broker it for you on their person and then re-ship it to you inside Canada. Just GST and PST on $CDN value (no duty provided it is U.S. manufactured) and zero brokerage.

CN

Old 03-06-2008, 12:50 PM
GzrGlide
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Well, you gotta pay for that "free"Canadian health care, right?
There is no such thing as "free" health care.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:40 PM
munch34m
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive for U.P.S. and believe me I know all about the hostage charges. And yes the courier companies own there own brokerage houses. Lately thr federal government has been opening every second or third "GIFT" coming across the border and ordering charges to be added to it. I also try to tell my customers to use postal services when importing to Canada. My free family health care only costs me 93 bucks a month for a family of 3.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:37 PM
heywood727
Road Master

I didn't have a choice on how it was shipped. I even e-mailed them ahead and asked if there was a problem with getting them to me. Thiswas before "The Dragon" bought them for me as a Birthday gift.

The product is first class and a lot of other dealers, if you e-mail and ask, will work with you to get a better shipping rate. Hells Foundry does not.

She also bought the Chrome nacelle for me that's on back order. More than likely there'll be a $35 charge on that as well. I could see if I wanted it shipped yesterday...but a 18x20" envolope holding a $49.00 sticker??
http://www.hellsfoundry.com/news_winding_road.html

Oh well...I wanted it...I got it...looks great, nice product....... it is, what it is. Just a heads up for my Canuck buds.

Not so much as a bitch thread.....$35 doesn't kill me. The the old saying:" If you wanna play...you've gotta pay"

BTW.... I've ordered the HID lighting for the RG from FastHarley and will be putting them in.
http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/gpage7.html

I'll let you know how it works out with some pictures when I get them installed. It going to look great, Duel HIDs on a Road Glide.