Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Reccomendation - Northen NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Boxer 6
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Reccomendation - Northen NJ

I'm looking to purchase an 08Street Glide within a few weeks and I am right in the middle ofBergen County HD and Kosco HD. Can anyone share their experiences with me as faras their prepurchase andafter the sale has been completed (i.e level of service). Reading other threads, I would not expect the prices to be that much different. If you feel more comfortable, you can PM instead.

Thanks

Boxer 6

Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 AM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Default RE: Dealer Reccomendation - Northen NJ

Boxer
I live in Staten Island NY just over the outerbridge. I always bought all my bikes in South New jersey. I even went looking at Bergen, didn't like them and the prices were non negotiable and very high!!! Kosco never been there, my rule of thumb is when you pull up to a big beautiful dealership, new building, manicured lawns, just built, like Williams HD who do you think is paying for that? the dealer or the customer??!!! Ponder that. With that said Iboughtbikes at Barbs HD Camden County NJ see Jake Jaconetti in sales, Its far for me and you but worth it. I used to even go there for service make the day out of it get there early go to the diner for breakdfast the scoot is serviced head home!!! I also bought bikes at Mills HD in Burlington NJ another great place, great prices and service see Larry in sales also used to go there for service, see Carol in services shes the best!!!!! Edison and Rahway dont waste yer time, both the same ownership!!, service is great there also see Tim, bike sales no deals there!! I just bought my 08 Electra Glide Classic from Mike Lombardi'd in Staten Island, right in my backyard gave me the best deal for the new scoot, see Mark in sales, any other dealer I didnt mention shouldnt even be considered!!! trust me Ive been to most of em just a waste of gas and time!!! Ride Safe Bill

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 AM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would recomend Liberty HD I purchased my last 2 bikes from them. Also 5 of my friends purchased 07s from them, go see Tony he willsell you the bike at a fair price and he is a decent guy they also have a fairly good service dept last couple of times there they worked on my bike while I waited also always hot coffee and snacks in service dept.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 AM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Bought all mine from Jason At Kosco !!I pass 3 dealers to get there.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Boxer 6
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: BAGGERDSM

Bought all mine from Jason At Kosco !!I pass 3 dealers to get there.
Sent you a PM

Old 03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try http://www.tramontinhd.com/ i just picked up a 2008 FLHX Anniversity w/ sercurity system for $20,800.00 out the door complete

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

If you're open to suggestion, ride over the border to Baer HD in Honesdale PA...See Duane the owner. Straight shooter, no BS, no trumped up pricing. I know at least 5 people from LI that have traveled there just to be spoken to and treated like a human. Myself included.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Crossroads HD in PA (Center Valley) near Quakertown. Talk to Dave and tell him I told you to call. He is a no nonsense work with you kind of guy. If it matters the entire service and parts department folks are great too! As long as I'm at it the merchandise folks are helpful and friendly. When I buy HD I buy from these folks they are worth the trip. I passed 2 dealers to get to them and there are another 3 close by. Best, J... If you call Dave tell him his proctologist friends sent you.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kosco over Bergen anytime. Bought one from each. I have heard a whole lot of good stuff about Legends too. Supposed to treat you right after the buy.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:38 AM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

I bought my FLHX from bergen. Price was right. I go there for alot of parts (Mike in Parts is great). They were running 11% off of bikes, I'm sure you can negotiate down close to that still. Kosco has $1250 off touring models tags on most of the bike there. Bergen has a vivid black and dark blue denim on the floor. Kosco had an anniversary and black pearl when I was there last week. Best of luck. The tall salesman is cool at Bergen (Dave N I think) the other guy tried to sell me a bike a week after I picked up my bike (from him). I bought my Night Train from O'tooles. They are very nice people, but not sure how much dealing they do off of MSRP.

Quick Reply: Dealer Reccomendation - Northen NJ