Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remapping not necessary

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Jsans
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remapping not necessary

ORIGINAL: hogdoc

ORIGINAL: BIGBADCANE

I added the Rush Pipes with 2" baffles and the AC setup to me 08 Ultra and didn't remap. I haven't had any issues at all, but I was told that if I go with bigger baflles, I would have to. A friend of mine has the Rush with 2.5" baffles and he gets some decel popping, so maybe what they told me was correct.
Put it on a dyno and have the AFR checked it WILL BE WAY LEAN!
What you can't see can hurt you.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:29 AM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has been discussed before:
https://www.hdforums.com/archive/thr...-980341-1.html

Also a link to Thundermax (They sell a EFI that replaces the stock Harley ECM):
http://www.thunder-max.com/

Dave

Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 AM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have your pipes and AC yet? If not call Jamie @ Fuelmoto.....he'll answer all your questions and set you up with parts if needed.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:39 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

[]

Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought there was a representative from American Iron on the forum? Maybe we can ask him/her to look into the claims they've made and the dealer who did the upgrades on the bike, Fritz's H-D of Stamford.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Drifting Texas

I agree with you George. Motorized vehicles made allot more sense to me before the computer chip was added and fuel injection.

What makes me mad is I feel the idle is too low on my Ultra however I can not adjusted without dinking with the mapping. I've taken it back to my dealer 3 times complaining about this after I had themdo a stage 1 mapwhen Iadded dual headers and air cleaner. Every time they dink with it and within a few blocks of the dealer it starts dropping down close to 800 rpm's when I pull up to a stop light. When it idles at 800 rpm's the damn thing will shake the fillings out of your teeth.
How hot is it when your bike starts doing it?? It might be kicking it into parade mode and knocking out your rear cylinder. on The 08's built after Novermber of 07,you can turn this off and on by yourself. I can on my 08 RG.

For all interested its called the EITMS. page 140in the RG owners manuel. Might be in your as well.

Just a thought??

Old 03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
BIGBADCANE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: hogdoc

ORIGINAL: BIGBADCANE

I added the Rush Pipes with 2" baffles and the AC setup to me 08 Ultra and didn't remap. I haven't had any issues at all, but I was told that if I go with bigger baflles, I would have to. A friend of mine has the Rush with 2.5" baffles and he gets some decel popping, so maybe what they told me was correct.
Put it on a dyno and have the AFR checked it WILL BE WAY LEAN!
Funny that you mention that because I just the 1000k service and the dealer did the dyno for me and still no issues.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

And you trust the dealer?

Old 03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: heywood727

ORIGINAL: Drifting Texas

I agree with you George. Motorized vehicles made allot more sense to me before the computer chip was added and fuel injection.

What makes me mad is I feel the idle is too low on my Ultra however I can not adjusted without dinking with the mapping. I've taken it back to my dealer 3 times complaining about this after I had themdo a stage 1 mapwhen Iadded dual headers and air cleaner. Every time they dink with it and within a few blocks of the dealer it starts dropping down close to 800 rpm's when I pull up to a stop light. When it idles at 800 rpm's the damn thing will shake the fillings out of your teeth.
How hot is it when your bike starts doing it?? It might be kicking it into parade mode and knocking out your rear cylinder. on The 08's built after Novermber of 07,you can turn this off and on by yourself. I can on my 08 RG.

For all interested its called the EITMS. page 140in the RG owners manuel. Might be in your as well.

Just a thought??

Another piece of info the MOCO didn't tell anyone. All 2007 Touring models have NO, as in NONE engine management. If it is a 2007 with stock mapping and running lean because of exhaust a/c swap, you can burn it up. I was just getting ready to post about this. The early 2008's do not either. You will be seeing a possible recall or Service Bulletin soon to install new downloads on 2008's to correct slight hesitation at throttle change on FBW and to install engine management. This will drop rear cylinder above preset temp, closed throttle and speed below 1 mph. Coming soon.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:27 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Buddha64

In the April issue of American Iron there is an article about bolting on 10 HP with an air cleaner change and mufflers. In the article they said with this change the ECM was capable of remapping on its own.

Does any body have any experience with this?

Would this only apply to the S&S system they were showcasing or would it work with any ac/muffler change?

BTW in the article also showed that the muffler change in this case did nothing for the HP but gave it a better sound. I'm sure different mufflers would have different results.

George.
Just shot an email to www.fritzshd.com about the subject and how they came to this conclusion. Will be interesting to hear their reasoning and maybe clear up some confusion.

Quick Reply: Remapping not necessary