Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full MSRP on a Tourer in Denver??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 10:46 AM
caymen8
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Full MSRP on a Tourer in Denver??

I just bought an '08 Road Glide from Mile High in Denver. I didn't find any of the Denver area dealers that were willing to come off of MSRP. However, I did get a good parts discount and they knocked off some of the dealer & handling charge.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:42 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try Grand Junction or Black Canyton in Montrose...Ben is the sales manager and their only cost is $189 above MSRP...very good to deal with, will work for you and a great dealer! (Neighboir and I are out of state and both bought Stage Two FLHTCUIs from Ben!)

Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 PM
maxum96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: caymen8

I did get a good parts discount and they knocked off some of the dealer & handling charge.
It seems that all the dealers offer a discount on parts when you buy a bike from them. I got 20% off on parts on both my bikes. They were bought at 2 different dealers in different states.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everybody, and I MEAN EVERYBODY needs to put off their new bike purchase for two years.
Then prices will stabilize and come down.
Or use a credit card to reserve a bike and then cancel the order via the card.
Let them sit on something for a month they think they sold.
Or be willing to travel farther out and find a better price from a dealer that is willing to
deal.
The dealers are playing the odds. keep the prices artificially high and convince you that's the way it is going to be.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Joe Mark
Tourer

Stock was down over $1 just today........ this trend will continue, then at (and if) $19 I'm buying stock, about a year from now maybe.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Hog71boy
Advanced

Got my ultra on 1-31 for MSRP plus freight; free labor on any parts I added; and 10% off parts. All 105th anniversary bikes were 1.05% financing for 3 years.

I jumped on it. It's all gone except for the parts discount at this point in time.

Jeff

Old 03-04-2008, 02:28 PM
outlaw0013
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where did you go Freedom an Sun? Don't go there. Try Rocky Mtn in Englewood or Mile high in Denver.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want a new bike you pay MSRP or wait until they are no longer selling. '08 bikes are flying off the floor at my dealer even with the crappy winter weather. Why would they sell below list? They might deal on setup, and we get 10% off everything for the life of the warranty here with a new or used bike purchase.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 PM
2003flhtci
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Jim Dawson

If you want a new bike you pay MSRP or wait until they are no longer selling. '08 bikes are flying off the floor at my dealer even with the crappy winter weather. Why would they sell below list? They might deal on setup, and we get 10% off everything for the life of the warranty here with a new or used bike purchase.
What's the difference between what you'll pay now and what the price might be later in the year? Take that number and divide by the number of months you figure you'll have to wait to get the discount. Don't forget also that you'll probably have a limited choice of paint colors and maybe models. If your expected discount is $2,000 and you wait 8 months, that's $250 per month extra it costs to get what you want right now. I usually wait and buy at the end of a model year, but if I saw the bike I wanted and in effect it's only going to cost me an extra $250 per month for 8 months, I'd buy it now.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
scottburns8ball
Cruiser

I just bought my 08 Street Glide last month at HD ofCatersville in Ga. The bike had $1200 in accessories alreadyinstalled when I saw it. I negotiated that out of the price and got cruise for free and got the doc and set up fees knocked off. On the "out the door price" I got 3 grand taken off. They also wanted to charge more than MSRP, I didn't allow that either. You got to play hardball, but MSRP is what you are probably gonna pay. It's the other things that are negotiable

Quick Reply: Full MSRP on a Tourer in Denver??