Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate those bugs

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008 | 07:59 AM
Andouille
|
Cruiser
Default Hate those bugs

Went for a ride this weekend, took Hwy 51 (the low road don't care to run elevated interstate) and did about 150-200 mile ride through back roads north of the lake. Got home and the front of thebike, windshield and lower farings were covered with bugs and bug juice. Mostly small swamp bugs, but a pain to clean, I just used some quick detailer to clean it up. I've heard of using Pam, etc. but have a hard time covering my car or bike with cooking oil, I rather just keep a good coat of wax to help in removing. Seems early in the year to have so many bugs out already, at least the love bugs are not out, that will be later.

Just had to vent, after a nice ride you get home and have to spend the next 1/2 hour cleaning up bug guts. Guess that is the price we have to pay to be able to ride year round here in Louisiana.

Old 03-03-2008 | 08:10 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Default RE: Hate those bugs

We had a short break in winter in Wyoming this weekend....got out for a couple nice rides. Saturday was the best....mid-60s in Wyoming, mid-70s in northern Colorado.....got home and found a surprising number of bugs on the front....it had only been nice for a few days, but they come out right away. I use a soft cloth and hot water....bugs come right off without any rubbing.....if it is really bad I go over the front once just to get everything wet, then after they have softened up a bit go over again and everything slides right off. Then I use a little Cycle Care quick detailer to make sure there is still wax on the fairing and windshield. Personally I wouldn't even consider using a spray cleaner or polish to clean bugs off.

Old 03-03-2008 | 08:16 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Andouille

Just had to vent, after a nice ride you get home and have to spend the next 1/2 hour cleaning up bug guts. Guess that is the price we have to pay to be able to ride year round here in Louisiana.
[sm=ummmmokay.gif]

½ and hour? How bout ½ a DAY for me![sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 03-03-2008 | 08:16 AM
fxrsrick
2nd Gear

Jeez, I'd kill for bug problems right now instead of salt truck, sand, and snowdrifts.