Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks for Bat Wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:23 PM
turtleman57
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Klock Werks for Bat Wing

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/flhtssc_ws.html That price is way out there, IMHO Cee Bailey is the only way to go, and now I see that for the price they still are.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM
spacelord
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not quite as ugly as the Cee Bailey SSC but close! But on the upside it is $100.00 more! How could you go wrong!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:15 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

If you buy a Cee Bailey SSC 9" it will look VERY similar to that for about $85 and seriously, you can't get better quality than the Cee Bailey stuff. I mean you either like this look or you don't, whether it's by Klockwerks or Cee Bailey. One cost A LOT more. You can get a 10" (a 7" equivilent to stock shape) from Bailey for $95 shipped.

Now if the Klockwerks shield works at 6.5"s great! The 6" Cee Bailey I owneddidn't give me the kind of protection I wanted. In fact due to the design, it did what it's supposed to do. It redirected and threw the wind right into my face. Maybe their 6" won't do that. My take is no matter what kind of "short" windshield you buy, you're gonna get wind. I can't imagine this one working any better than the $100 less expensive Cee Bailey 6". I will say the Cee Bailey10" or 8" do a great job. I just ordered an opaque 10" (7") SSC. I do think there is a height with these where the look starts to really go bad for me. I would not use my 13" for example to show off thelook of the bike, but a long tour and it's awesome. They really work, and some like the look, for meas short as you can get them and still work. Obviously Klockwerks did...it's a near replica.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:31 PM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser

Think I will bite the bullet and order. I have tolerated the stock shield for 7 thousand miles. I like the custom look and think its time to give the wind battered head a break.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:38 AM
Street Glider
Cruiser

Mine should be here on Monday. Screw the price. I'm tired of the original windshield and have been doing what I can lately to dress up the bike. As for how it performs, I figure it's got to be an improvement over the beating I've taken with the original windshield for the past couple of years.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:58 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

A riding buddy of mine got his Thursday the13th. He absolutly loves it! he got the dark smoke. Installed it on a Ultra. I'll see him on the 17th ,so I can try it out.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Too late, I just ordered the 9.5" smoked recurve Clearview. First one hope I like it.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 PM
Street Glider
Cruiser

I ordered the dark smoke as well. I know it will look great and like I said, it can't be any worse a beating than the stock 4". I'm not concerned with hearing my stereo at 70 mph and it's not going to be used for LONG hwy rides. I've got a 15" that I use for long rides. I usually put my 4" in the saddlebag and swap out windshields once I get to my destination.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:39 PM
harleykris
Tourer

Interested to see how this shield works out for everyone that ordered one. I don't like the looks of the tall shield but I've gotten used to the wind protection. I'm tired of having to swap between cool looks and function. Maybe this will be just what I'm looking for!

Old 03-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

This just looks like a Cee Bailey SSC knockoff. The funny thing is knockoffs are usually cheaper! LOL!
For me, I don't like the looks of the SSC so I certainly won't like the Klockwerks version. For the shield to be functional and offer protection it has to be tall and that's when these shields start looking ugly.

Quick Reply: Klock Werks for Bat Wing