Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatcats

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 PM
rhiggin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fatcats

I was wondering if anybody knows if they make the fatcats for a 2005 flht and whre is the best place to purchase.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
edtexas
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fatcats

D&D does make fatcats for your bike. Best place to buy www.cyclespot.com . They buy these
exhausts in batches of a hundred from D&D. I just bought a set a week ago. Lowest price
easily. Very knowledgeable about exhausts. They sell the Standard baffle with their pipes.
D&D makes a quiet baffle and a big bore baffle also. I don't know if Cyclespot sells them with
either of these baffle options installed. The baffles are expensive if you are not trading it
for a new one. They are not easy to change out by yourself, so think about which baffle you
want. If you have a chance listen to some other bikes with the fatcat on them so you can
make the right decision on the sound and performance you want.

If you read the dozens of threads about Fatcats in this forum, you'll find that users typically
say that the quiet baffle gives a little more low end torque than the standard baffle, but I gotta
tell you that the standard baffle is already extremely quiet compared to other 2into1 pipes in
the marketplace. I fired up the standard baffle for about five seconds and immediately shut
off the engine. Way too quiet and a little tinny sounding. (you will hear a lot of this about the
pipe from other contributors) Because I live about 20 minutes from D&D, they were kind enough
to exchange the standard for a big bore baffle.($30 more)I have a 107 with big cams and performance heads, big carb, so a real early torque curve was not as critical, in that I was already developing good torque early on. I spoke with the developer and his technician, and they said the standard baffle kicks the torque in at about 2200-2300 rpm, where the big bore baffle comes in at 2800 to 2900 rpm. It sounds a lot better, but is still about 30% quieter than a thunderheader. It has a terrific growl as you shift from one gear to the next, and you will definitely get noticed when you open it up. You will notice a significant improvement in the performance of your bike, which is worth every penny. The quality is excellent, unlike the
Thunderheader, which is its closest rival. (Poor welds, discoloring and early rust)
Ride fast, ride safe.