Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rhinehart's louder?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:48 PM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rhinehart's louder?

Had the Rhinehart's and race tuner installed on my bike before I rode it off the lot Thursday. I love the sound so much better than the big radius pipes I had on my fatty. I would just really like it if they were a little louder. Any advice?

Old 03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Rhinehart's louder?

I have been asking the same question. I have an 08 Street glide too with Reinharts as well. I was wondering if the performance baffels will be any louder. I asked that question a while ago and really got no answer>>> let met know please if you do.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:08 PM
hardav23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The performance baffles are supposed to be louder, but I have not installed them. I am putting a HQ 113" in and they should be plenty loud after that, let me know if you put them in, I may change mine after I see how loud the stock ones are with the new motor.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:26 PM
asuperheat
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sound good but they are not among the loudest pipes, I ride with a few guys with them and I think it is a good compromise in sound. At times my V&H are alittle loud even for me and definatly to loud for the guy behind me.

Old 03-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Whizbang
Cruiser

I have the same set-up with you
SERT, Rinehart True Duals

Old 03-02-2008, 06:42 PM
choptop
Cruiser

Had a '02 Road Star Warrior w/Rhineharts, liked them, didn't think they were to loud, Just had a chance to finnally start the Road King I bought about a month and a half ago, and 2 paayments, just cold here in Scony, 2 into 1, Damn, did they sound nice ! First time since buying it did I get to hear that Ultima 127 run for more than 5 seconds, I think I am going to like it a lot !

Old 03-02-2008, 07:09 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

Doesbig city thundermake a baffle that will fit reinharts? Any body know.

Maybe this works???

This is their e-mail. I had a set on a V-starr 1100 with cheap cobra drags. They made it sound deep and nice. This was a few years back. and their web-site

www.bigcitythunder.com

questions@bigcitythunder.com

Old 03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had heard Rhineharts before, and didn't think they were loud. This past fall I rode behind and old buddy of mine who had Rhinehart true duals. I thought his were louder than the others I had heard. When I asked him, he said (I thought) that he had the race baffles. Maybe he said performance. It was an anniversary Ultra with a 95 inch kit and who knows what else. It wasn't terribly loud until he cracked the throttle and then it was AWESOME!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 PM
dietdewboy
Tourer

I went through this last fall, the performance baffles are quieter than the stock baffles they come with. The Performance baffle chokes down the exhaust t increase back pressure to give the motor better low-mid torque. I don't know about Big City, I didn't find anything on there web-site.

I'm working hard on this problem, I'm disappointed in the volume of the Rinehart TD's as well. Right now I'm trying to round up as many stock baffles as I can, I'm planning on making some modifications to the stockers and then testing to see what kind of numbers we get on a Dyno and a DB meter. The goal is to boost the volume and not kill the performance. I'll keep posting as the project moves forward.

Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

it will be interesting to find out your results

Quick Reply: Rhinehart's louder?