Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deals Gap info

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts
Default RE: Deals Gap info

How am I going to sleep tonight!!?

Sheesh! Watchign Netflix movign with wifey.. she is glad to get me out of here too. I guess my cabin fever is getting to her too.

I may post some pics from the road.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
kruisin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I was tagging along. I've been planning on moving to that area for a while now. The wife, kids and I are going down to look around at real estate this summer. Bummer is we will not be on the bike. Love your trailer, might have to look into one of those.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:41 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

stayed here last time...nothing fancy but it does have indoor parking

http://www.twowheelinn.com/

I'm think of heading up again from central Florida, last week of April, is anyone is interested in going.

Old 03-11-2008, 08:46 PM
hittman
Cruiser

This is where I will be staying in May.

http://www.ironhorsenc.com/

Old 03-17-2008, 09:25 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ollllld hippie....wheeeerrre are youuuuu....anyone here any "squeal like a pig" sounds from the hills....

Old 03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

I'm here, I'm here!! Having a great time. The Dragon is tighter than I expected.. road it yesterday.. I'm a olf flower sniffer so I like the more open roads better, but I guess you need to do it at least once!

I'll be following your directions tomorrow. Going to the Motorcycle Museum on Wednesday and also the Muscle Car place that day as it is supposed to be servere weather here. It rainded Saturday, but I rode Friday all day and Sunday we did 409 miles!

The weather has been good except for that rainy Saturday.

All is well, the EGC isn't a rice rocket, but she did okay through all the twisties. No PIG squeling.. I hope that doesn't happen.. (to me anyway!!) dum dum dum dum do do do... (song from Deliverance!! LOL!)

Old 03-17-2008, 09:38 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

MaYBe hE AiNt CoMinG BaCk. ThEm HiLLS CalLs To sOmE pEoPle.

Old 03-17-2008, 09:52 PM
C_thru
Intermediate

I have heard alot about this rd ? i want to take my r6 out there once i decide to leave california haha.

Old 03-18-2008, 12:04 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

C_Thru, don't bother the trip just for the Dragon, but do come for the area as a whole. Don't get me wrong it's a great little stretch of 11 miles but you got Angeles Crest Highway and it's a much better sport bike road (if ya can keep her outta the embankments)! Long time bud of mine works that road for CalTrans and if ya hit Newcombs Ranch for lunch tell 'em Big Mike said hey.

oldhippie, ifn ya banjo music up in them hills best twist the throttle! Enjoy brother!!
FYI got to Wheels Through Time it will be yourj last chance, recently heard owner is closing in Fall and moving out to Vegas, Wasn't gettin along with City management.

Old 03-18-2008, 07:27 AM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: StonerGlide

....oldhippie, ifn ya banjo music up in them hills best twist the throttle! Enjoy brother!!
FYI got to Wheels Through Time it will be yourj last chance, recently heard owner is closing in Fall and moving out to Vegas, Wasn't gettin along with City management.
StonerGlide....say it ain't so... damn ......

HEY HIPPIE...Glad you are able to ride,I have been watching the weather,...409 MILES in the mountians !!! serious seat time brother, you didn't smeel the flowers them days.. remember Ansel Adams aka oldhippie....we need pictures!!!![sm=Flahssssss.gif]

Quick Reply: Deals Gap info