Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change almost went bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 10:55 AM
ironhead3fan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Oil change almost went bad!

ORIGINAL: capt775

I'm tellin ya, it's buyer beware, everywhere. Parts houses, resturants, DEALERSHIPS.

Went in to get a filter and derby gasket for the oil change on my 07 Ultra. Parts guy gives me a paper gasket.I say, that ain't it, went back and forth until he looked it up. Sure nuff, it's big rubber "o" ring type.

Ordered a Egg McMuffin this morning, they gave me a Sausage Biscuit, I had already driven off too.

Gotta check the sacks and read the labels before ya leave the stores, or it's on you now days.[:@]
Just goes to show you always get screwed at the drive-thru.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:06 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I returned the oil today and there was a new guy (different from last night)at the counter . This Oreiley really sucks. The guy was about to tell me they don't sell this type of oil but I pulled out the receipt. He goes to the back for 30 seconds and say they don't have it. I told him an inventory was done at another store and I was here last night. The oil is back there. I noticed another guy from last night he goes to the back and gets the oil. The new guy finished the transaction and didn't even bag my purchase. I used my old bag and bagged it myself and left. I changed my mind, I'm not going back to that Oreiley.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm tellin ya, it's buyer beware, everywhere. Parts houses, resturants, DEALERSHIPS.

Went in to get a filter and derby gasket for the oil change on my 07 Ultra. Parts guy gives me a paper gasket.I say, that ain't it, went back and forth until he looked it up. Sure nuff, it's big rubber "o" ring type.

Ordered a Egg McMuffin this morning, they gave me a Sausage Biscuit, I had already driven off too.

Gotta check the sacks and read the labels before ya leave the stores, or it's on you now days.[:@]

The gasket does replace the o-ring. Use the gasket on both my WG and UC and it is a breeze to install and doesn't leak. On my 4th primary oil change with the same gasket with no problems.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/666FB0D99BE548F9B71928FB08A7A34D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2008, 03:36 PM
blender747
Novice

that's one of the reason I like to do my own oil change. I would know and see what kind of oil being put in........Good catch.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 410 Posts

Good catch.I have a habit of double checking every fluid before I pour it into an engine.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Big Peter
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: btefft

Glad you didn't complete the oil change - you gotta wathch those parts guys. I wonder how many don't have a high school diploma?

Hack
Hey Bobby,
My indy has no high school diploma, but he's
the best mechanic i have ever met.
No one else touches my bike

Any news yet on the Rossmeyer story ?

Greetz,
Peter

Old 03-05-2008, 06:22 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

ther paper gasket is an upgrade . i use it. works well.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Rev00
Tourer

That's a first. Upgrading a rubber o-ring with a paper gasket. Hah, that's funny. Not doubting your word at all, just funny.

I wonder, where did they screw up, grooves not cut at the right depth, using neoprene instead of viton.... Who knows.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:43 AM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I know it well, people not caring about doing the right thing, or not taking the time to do it right the first time but finding time to have to do it over, I just dont get it...

Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior

I was getting the oil changed in my wife's Expedition the other day at aquick lube place. I always stand around and watch. When they got ready to pour the new oil in, I noticed it was 5W20.I told the guy, I don't think that is the right oil. He said, this is what is recomended. I asked, where does it say that, on the oil cap. He said its in the computer. I walked over and looked on the sticker under the hood. I said it says 5w30 right here. They drained 2 or 3 quarts and put in 5w30.

Its always good to pay attention. These people don't care about you.

Quick Reply: Oil change almost went bad!