Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change almost went bad!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:48 AM
NJMadDog
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oil change almost went bad!

Somebody at Oreilys would be cleaning off two stroke oil from their front window right now if they did that to me. (if I paid cash and they didn't have any debit card records to trace back to me that is)[sm=crossbonesgif.gif]

Old 03-02-2008, 06:16 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Good catch, I dont have to tell you not to trust anyone when it comes to the bike, double check everything. How is that HQ motor treating you, completley dialed in yet?

Old 03-02-2008, 06:47 AM
jakester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once( I said ONCE) a long time ago on my first auto engine change, on start up i noticed no oil pressure on 1st start-up.....
Winds up i had put the wrong oil filter in and on start-up dumpped all the new oil on my garage floor[:@][:@][:@]What a F@$King MESS!!!!!! Anyway no harm done to anything but my PRIDE....WAS very hard to hide this goof-up from anyone as the oil takes a while if ever totaly clean up!!!! I learned early never trust any PARTS FOLKS... HUMAN ERRER is rampant. A Wize MAN once said ' MAN WHO NOT CHECK OIL (FILTER) FINDS WALLET EMPTY' Glad no harm was done.. CHEAP LESSON.....Good luck in the future!!!!

JAKESTER....[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-02-2008, 06:58 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

thats expected from $5 a hour help!!!
nuttin but nose pickin , gammers

Old 03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
mariner227
Road Master

These things happen! I'm glad you caught it. I buy my oil by the case and save a few bucks.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Did the first guy tell him the wrong number or did the second guy pull the wrong number? Either way I would not get upset because I would of checked it before leaving the store.
I would give Orielly customer service number a call and tell them what happened. The corporation itself needs to know things happen so they can train their personnel. this way it wont happen to the next guy.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:50 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

when you left the store you should take the cap off that opene bottle and thrown it in their trash upside down, then if the trash bag happened to break when they were changing it they wouldah had a big mess. Not your fault, you put it in the trash like you were supposed to.

Adam

Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 AM
FLHX08
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can be a hot head at times and the thought of going back into the place, pouring the oil you drained on the counter and telling them you'd like to return it. Well I most likely wouldn't do that but when I am mad these voices tell me to do stuff, they have some good ideas but I don't listen to them anymore.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:09 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you didn't complete the oil change - you gotta wathch those parts guys. I wonder how many don't have a high school diploma?

Hack

Old 03-02-2008, 10:28 AM
IamZardoz
Tourer

Dont know if because Im getting older or what but it seems counter help (incl the parts guy at the local dealership) dont seem to know wtf they are doing anymore. I think the real reason is they just havent had the long time experiencethat the person at the counter needs.Used to be the same guys would have that job for years but not anymore. I think dealers hire guys who snow them with their biker type ponytails and other assorted BS to work the counter. Too bad. This is a reasonI got grumpier as I got older.

Quick Reply: Oil change almost went bad!