Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craftsman aluminum jack any good???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:09 PM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Craftsman aluminum jack any good???

I had borrowed a friends steel jack, and liked it. I had my Ultra jacked up for a couple of weeks while working on it with no problems. Biggest issue is when first raising bike to find center of balance and then when lowering, come down slowly so as not to lose grip and drop your bike. As far as drift, simply let the jack down till it is resting in one of the four locking positions. I was leary of going too high too, just high enough to work on the bike. I recently bought the aluminum jack from Sear's while on sale for $20.00 off, havn't used it yet tho. I bought the aluminum to allow easy hanging on the wall for storage.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

With the Sears jack, you just push the jack under the bike. Then climb onboard and sit the bike up, with your feet on the floor. As you are sitting on the bike, you can look over on the right side to make sure the jack is completely under the bike.
With the long handle, you can pump the jack while sitting on the bike. Once the weight is on the jack, you can climb off. After looking under the bike to double check, how the bike is sitting on the jack.........pump away.

Lowering the jack is accomplished by truning the jack handle. Just light your floor jack at the house. You can drop the bike down very slowly. Its really very easy and I feel safe.

Name:  Pictures0098.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  107.1 KB

Old 01-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed. And the trick to getting it to lower nicely is to not crank down so hard on the handle in the first place. The needle valve will seal nicely by turning the handle just snug. Then to release, it is an equally easy turn counterclockwise to get the bike coming down. They also supply tie down straps with the jack to allow you to anchor the bike to the stand prior to raising the bike. I've raised the jack while on the bike and have done it off the side. Either way works well.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:32 PM
dapster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Sears steel jack now has a foot pump which makes rasising and lowering the bike easy.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:35 PM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THANKS for all the advice!!!

Bought the SEARS aluminum one today. Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack Sears item #00950191000 Mfr. model #AG02883G

On sale for $149 thru Feb 4th - join the Craftsman Club and they knock off another $10 = $139 WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I wish the MOCO built things as solid as this - AWESOME quality - two thumbs up - built like a brick sh*%house!!! in one word - NICE!!!!

Old 01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
mwike
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: MACK

GET A HARLEY JACK. IT IS TWICE AS EXPENSIVE BUT FOOL PROOF. IT IS A GEAR DRIVE HAND JACK THAT WILL ONLY MOVE IF YOU CRANK IT UNLIKE THE HYDRAULIC ONE PICTURED. i CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY ONE WOULD SPEND 20,OOO.OO PLUS AND THENCONSIDER SOMETHING OBVIOUSLY INFERIOR.

I GUESS YOU WOULD BUY A TELEVISION IF HARLEY MADE THEM, BECAUSE ALL OTHERS MUST BE OBVIOUSLY INFERIOR. WHAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY YOU ARE ALWAYS YELLING AT US.

Old 01-29-2006, 10:41 PM
OG_electra_glide
Tourer

I have the craftsman steel jack (black and red) with the foot pump, works great. Never seen the HD one, but if it's like everything else they sell, it's overpriced. Since I doubt HD has a jack factory, wonder who really makes it and what they sell the non-branded HD version for.
Sam's Club has another 1,500# capacity jack for 69 bucks, saw it last night. Looks about the same as all the rest.
I have a lighter bike, so maybe you'd want higher capacity for an Ultra, etc. Guess we'll find out this time next week (new bike delivery) if it will hold an Ultra.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain

I GUESS YOU WOULD BUY A TELEVISION IF HARLEY MADE THEM, BECAUSE ALL OTHERS MUST BE OBVIOUSLY INFERIOR. WHAT I CAN'T UNDERSTAND IS WHY YOU ARE ALWAYS YELLING AT US.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Taildraggerdave
Road Captain

Here's a great .gif I found a few days ago.....

[IMG]local://upfiles/3287/5CFEC7AA9BE84CBBAB9C94F87C2B2059.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: dchoran

THANKS for all the advice!!!

Bought the SEARS aluminum one today. Craftsman Professional 1500 lb. Motorcycle/ATV Jack Sears item #00950191000 Mfr. model #AG02883G

On sale for $149 thru Feb 4th - join the Craftsman Club and they knock off another $10 = $139 WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I wish the MOCO built things as solid as this - AWESOME quality - two thumbs up - built like a brick sh*%house!!! in one word - NICE!!!!

Good Move[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Craftsman aluminum jack any good???