Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WOOD'YS TWIN CAM EFI SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:06 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WOOD'YS TWIN CAM EFI SUPERCHARGER

I'm in too I wonder want it will make a 95 or 103 do?

Old 02-01-2006, 01:09 AM
chappy
Road Warrior

Bruce00,

you're right about cool air being best. Having cool air is the greatest obstacle that a turbo has to deal with. The second greatest obstacle is also heat related and that's the poor bearing in the turbo. The belt drive supercharger seems to be the coolest air source. And as you said the automotive industry has been reaping the benefit of belt drive supercharges for decades.
Since I am looking to put this power boost onto an Ultra without affecting the overall look of the beast, Turbo is quickly eliminated. And so is another choice, the Megna Charger. The Magna Charger or the Turbo would look good on many Harleys, an Ultra is not one of them.

It's true, we're talking a lot of money, I am looking forward to checking out Woody's Blower in Daytona.

Here's another supercharger that's IMHO is pretty impressive;
http://magnacharger.net/

Here's a site that offers an excelent bike turbo;
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/index.htm

Here's a site with some very good tech info showing the pro's and con's between the Turbo and SuperCharger/Blower;
http://www.superchargersonline.com/content.asp?ID=19

Like you said it's lots of money. I'm trying to do my home work, but I'm still on the fence, so if you know something that may sway my choice, Please speak up. I'm no expert and I've blundered much in my life and I don't want to regret a mistake again, especially involving this much money. 5k could do many different things.

Thanks
chappy

Old 02-01-2006, 01:28 AM
chappy
Road Warrior

lil_gmac2,

you asked, " I'm in too I wonder want it will make a 95 or 103 do? "

Here's some dyno's for you to look over.
http://www.wbtinc.com/dyno.cfm

chappy

Old 02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: lil_gmac2

I'm in too I wonder want it will make a 95 or 103 do?
Heres the intercooled ProCharger on a 95

Old 02-01-2006, 03:00 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: chappy

Like you said it's lots of money. I'm trying to do my home work, but I'm still on the fence, so if you know something that may sway my choice, Please speak up. I'm no expert and I've blundered much in my life and I don't want to regret a mistake again, especially involving this much money. 5k could do many different things.

Thanks
chappy
Chappy

Don't know if I could add anything to help make up your mind. I agree, I don't think a turbo on a Harley is the way to go. I do know they work fine on the metrics. I have a friend that has a 250rwhp turbo'ed Hayabusa.......too crazy for my old butt. I think a belt driven supercharger would work best on a Harley. That said, now you have to look at the different types, and their benefits and drawbacks.

I'll be interested what you find out at Daytona @ Woody's. But Iam still a firm beliver that you got to run some sort of air/air intercooler in a boosted bike

Old 02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
cleo
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chappy,
Just got off the phone with Woody. He mentioned the same things you have said and mentioned also they only have 10 left on this "production run" as he put it. I told him about the forum and he said he would check it out. He called back and was very appreciative of the good comments and said that if we could get at least 2 guys together that all would get the dealer price if they did what we call a "group Buy". He also mentioned that the the comment about the "heating the air" not making horse power is exactly right but it depends greatly on the type of supercharger and the amount of boost your putting in the motor. he said to checl out the web site and the article from "Hot Bike" August '05 issue and the comments about the different typs of superchargers on the market. They use what they cal a "Centifical" supercharger that is upwards of 92% effecient in the way it compresses the air and the better the effivciency the lower the air charge and the Centrifical is the most efficient, and aside frome the compact size of the supoercharger that the efficiency was tha main reason for using it since they were doing a "low Boost" application as he put it so as to keep the unit looking clean. He said that they could make the same huge HP the Pro-Charger is making but that when he was designing it he made a conscious decision to keep the boost low so they could keepo the unit looking clean. He said it's all what you want, if you Hourse power and a factory lookin unit, then buy theirs. If you want a unit that looks like a turbo with all the plumbing etc but makes monsterous hourse power then buy the Por-Charger. He said they are all good units and that with the addition of Pro-Charger on the scene it just adds to the legitimacy of using supercharging to boost your motor instead of big inches. Something the street rodding and drag racing community has known for years.

As for me I'm getting one.
Cleo

Old 02-01-2006, 04:27 PM
chappy
Road Warrior

Wow, It's getting better all the time.
I really like the idea of a group buy. I'm in!
I just can't do it right now.

Did you ask if Woody has any Chrome Blowers left out of the 10?

If not, I'd perfer to wait until the next batch, due in July sometime.
Like I said in an earlier post, I'm concidering just ridding out to Col. and have Woody install and do a proper setup for me.

I like the idea of having a belt that can come off in about 15 minutes to accomplish better gas mileage on a long haul. Without the belt the motor fuels as normal. Thats something that the Pro charger can't do.

I'm getting pretty excited about this whole plan.

A build that Woody's blower will be part of can be seen at http://www.twobitchoppers.com/index.htm

I think Woody said something to me about a cooler on this build, but he was also talking 175 HP and upwards to 200 HP. I got to tell you guys this, that's way more than I need. If I get a stronge 120 HP I know I'll have goose bumps that just won't quit.

How many of you guys are really looking into this?
Hey cleo, are you saying that only two of us buy in each we could get the dealer discount of $1,000.00 of the sugusted price? So if we group buy in pairs, will this work out?
I've never done a group buy her before. Can I get some feed back how other that have done a group buy handeled it and how it all worked out.

Thanks in advance
chappy

Just think, when some askes how's you bike you can say, "IT SUX" with a smile on your face. Because sux is just what it does. I'd love to get a chromr blower for $1,000.00 less. As I said it, I'm in.

Old 02-01-2006, 04:42 PM
cleo
4th Gear

Hey Chappy,

Woody said the belt can be changed in less than 5 minutes. And yes, if you buy in pairs you can get the dealer price. He said that he can have units chromed in 8-10 days. Non of the ten left are chrome but the run will not be ready to be chromed until mid Feb and complete units ship until 3rd week in Feb or 2nd week in March at the latest.

Cleo

Old 02-01-2006, 04:44 PM
cleo
4th Gear

Hey Chappy,

I forgot the blower kit itself would be $1000.00 off but we would still have to pay the $350.00 additional for the chrome. Still...................a kick *** price.

Cleo

Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 PM
cleo
4th Gear

Hey Chappy,

I need to learn to read everything before answering because it wouldn't cost me so much in phone calls. The 175HP and 200 lb/ft of torque you were talking about is the new High output Crate/Blower motor combination they are testing now. Woody said that in the April issue of Ironworks (which hits the stands in March) they will be announcing the offering of their "Crate/Blower Motor Combination Program" where a guy can buy a complete "Crate motor with the blower already on it and then just swap it out their stock motor with the crate and then you would have a spare to keep aroud or you could sell it. He said you'll be able to buy an 88"w/blower, a 95" w/blower, and a 103 w/blower as a complete crate combo. And they are in the process of finishing the Rand D of the High Output Blower/Motor Combo which should do, right now, 175-185Crank HP and 200 lb/ft of torque while still keeping the boost low enough as to not have to use an intercooler to keep the look of the Woody's clean still, but that it would be ridable HP not so much so fast that you can't handle, then he laughed and said "Unless you want to just Hammer the throttle and then hold on to your ***!"

This is too much.....where have these guys been all my life!

Cleo

Quick Reply: WOOD'YS TWIN CAM EFI SUPERCHARGER