Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$19,985 for a New Ultra Classic 08

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008 | 04:43 AM
chiefparry
|
Tourer
Default $19,985 for a New Ultra Classic 08

Just got into Iraq for a short gig and the local PX exchange is saying we can but new bikes at a good price. I honestly have not talked to them directly, but hear you have to pay the listed price plus your state fees along with a fixed shipping fee I think its $250. I actually do not remeber what a new Ultra is selling for in the states. Any thoughts on this as a deal? I do not think the price will change much come when the 09 models are out. When I was here 3 years ago I believe the Ultra Classic waslike $18,895.

Old 03-01-2008 | 04:51 AM
troutbum1971
Banned
Default RE: $19,985 for a New Ultra Classic 08

hd website has them listed starting 20,695. I bought a truck through military car sales and save about 12,000. when i bought it.

you have to pay sales tax and licensing in the state you register it. so after sale tax and licensing i save $8000 and some change..

It a good deal to buy from... just know what acc. you want to add and order it that way, then its covered in the warranty.

just my .02

Old 03-01-2008 | 05:35 AM
BigPapa
Intermediate

I bought my 07 Ultra through the exchange in Baghdad. What you save is the cost of the extended warranty - about $2K. Price for mine was $23K. The process was easy. HD channels a certain number of bikes each year into military sales. If you order soon enough in the model year, chances are better to get exactly what you want. If not, select from inventory which is pretty large at the beginning of the year. I was lucky and my Black Cherry Pearl over Pewter choice was available. I wanted wire wheels, but they weren't on that particular bike. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the wire wheels. Once your order is confirmed, you pick the delivery point - any dealer - and the date. I got back in June 07 and picked the bike up 2 weeks later. Getting the bike from the dealer was just like picking up a regular purchase - actually better at All American in Hughsville, MD. They were really appreciative of my service and gave me a 10% discount on my purchases that day. In fact, they offer a permanent 10% discount to all active duty or retired military. Make sure if/when you buy, you get the t-shirt. It's a HD shirt with "I got mine in Iraq" printed on the back. The only other advice I can give is now that the economy is slipping and inventories are high at the dealers, you may get an equal or better deal at home. I did call two dealers from Baghdad and they wouldn't even discuss price over the phone. I told them I was calling from Iraq and they still wouldn't talk price. I told them I'd rush right in and talk. Needless to say, I haven't been to either of those dealers since I returned. Hope this helps and stay safe over there. Thanks for your service and definitely treat yourself to that Ultra. It really helped shake the desert sand out of my soul when I got back. You know what I'm talking about right?

Old 03-01-2008 | 05:48 AM
troutbum1971
Banned

EXACTLY 100% correct on ALL accounts!!!
ORIGINAL: BigPapa

I bought my 07 Ultra through the exchange in Baghdad. What you save is the cost of the extended warranty - about $2K. Price for mine was $23K. The process was easy. HD channels a certain number of bikes each year into military sales. If you order soon enough in the model year, chances are better to get exactly what you want. If not, select from inventory which is pretty large at the beginning of the year. I was lucky and my Black Cherry Pearl over Pewter choice was available. I wanted wire wheels, but they weren't on that particular bike. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the wire wheels. Once your order is confirmed, you pick the delivery point - any dealer - and the date. I got back in June 07 and picked the bike up 2 weeks later. Getting the bike from the dealer was just like picking up a regular purchase - actually better at All American in Hughsville, MD. They were really appreciative of my service and gave me a 10% discount on my purchases that day. In fact, they offer a permanent 10% discount to all active duty or retired military. Make sure if/when you buy, you get the t-shirt. It's a HD shirt with "I got mine in Iraq" printed on the back. The only other advice I can give is now that the economy is slipping and inventories are high at the dealers, you may get an equal or better deal at home. I did call two dealers from Baghdad and they wouldn't even discuss price over the phone. I told them I was calling from Iraq and they still wouldn't talk price. I told them I'd rush right in and talk. Needless to say, I haven't been to either of those dealers since I returned. Hope this helps and stay safe over there. Thanks for your service and definitely treat yourself to that Ultra. It really helped shake the desert sand out of my soul when I got back. You know what I'm talking about right?

Old 03-01-2008 | 06:31 AM
binkman78
Club Member

Sounds like a gr8 deal --- Thanks for your service[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-01-2008 | 06:37 AM
westyway
Novice

I just pulled the plug on my military sales. They couldn't get me what I wanted on my Ultra Classic. Mainly ABS. I took their quote to my local dealer. He found the bike I wanted and matched the military quote. I pick it up in three days. Bike sales are slow with the economy, dealers are willing to move.

Old 03-01-2008 | 08:06 AM
Doug45601
Road Master

On my last military overseas tour in OKinawa I was going to purchase a new Chevey or Ford Pickup... and a new Car.. at which I thought was a super deal!! So I gathered up all the papers on the deal.. Made copies of everything.. then made a deposit to the Military Sales. Just so happened that I had to make a trip to the states for a manpower meeting and while back in the states managed a quick 2 day trip back to my home town.

While at home, visited a local dealer, discussed the military sales thing and the dealer done me up better!! Power or the pen with proof of determination to buy was at play for me. Needless to say I went back to Okinawa, got my deposit back and bought locally.

Also was looking into buying a Harley but didn't follow through.... When I finally retired from the Military (8 months later) I did buy the Harley at the local dealer for the same quote being offered at the Military Sales..

So for me and at that time..... The military exchange sales system was more or less a "Stick it in your Face" set up to capture young military people into buying.

If you don't want to haggle a dealership.... and get what is considered a fair deal then the Military system is the way to go... but though my experience I was able to beat or at least match exchange prices..... and then a dealer can work with you on options and extra's

Old 03-01-2008 | 08:12 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: westyway

I just pulled the plug on my military sales. They couldn't get me what I wanted on my Ultra Classic. Mainly ABS. I took their quote to my local dealer. He found the bike I wanted and matched the military quote. I pick it up in three days. Bike sales are slow with the economy, dealers are willing to move.
Thanks for serving. Glad to hear your dealer took care of you.

Old 03-01-2008 | 09:19 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

Chief. I was out today and say a new red ultra with abs, security, freight and prep out the door for $22,840. The had a dark blue one with the same stuff plus Stage 1 filter, pipes and download for 23,600. So I'd say your getting a great deal. A big THANKS to you and all our armed forces for service to our county. THANK YOU.

Old 03-01-2008 | 09:29 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for your service, sounds like a good deal but as previous posts suggest may want to run the final number buy a local dealer.
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: $19,985 for a New Ultra Classic 08