Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:00 PM
BigDaddy2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!?

First, Thanks for your service. Whereas I pretty much agree with your other posts. I was told by the dealer if I did'nt use a Harley fuel management upgrade, it might void my warranty and they wouldn't work on it. Although, I've got an 88, it doesn't run as hot as the new ones. My warranty is up in August anyway.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:06 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

plenty of good advice here for you to put the sitrep together. just kick the tires and light the fires.

Old 03-01-2008, 07:54 PM
JohnB445
Tourer

First Thank You for Serving

I am with you, ride like it came, unless you need to change something.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:11 PM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for your service!!!!!!!!!

Mods aren't necessary.................they're addictive[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-01-2008, 08:23 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 414 Posts

There's no reason to modify a Harley if you don't want to . My bike is completely stock except for a pair of touring mufflers (for sound) and a Garmin GPS.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 PM
mhud
Road Captain

Thank you for your service to our great country and best wishes for a safe and speedy trip home. I'm on my first Harley too; just happens to be an Anniversary RG, I love it, every mile has been great! After reading many posts here and putting on the first 5K miles I decided to do the stage 1, hi flo air cleaner, new pipes and I chose the SERT. It really did cool the bike down as far as oil temps and leg temps from the crossover. It also gave me more torque and a better ride. You can do slip ons only using the same headers for as little as $300 or true duals which cause some loss of low end torque or a 2 to 1 set up. You don't have to have any of the above but the bike is setup up to run lean from the factory to meet EPA rules. My suggestion, break in good and then decide. You are going to love your glide, it's a great riding machine!

[IMG]local://upfiles/43876/DFEB43BFCB084D79873EE136AB4B01D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/43876/DFA157CBFFB1470289CB476E937CEE59.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2008, 08:39 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

Sir,

If stock is the way you like it. Fug it ride it. If You like it loud make it loud. If you like lights put them on it. Important part is it's yours.

Oh by the way they have a cardboard FatBoy on stryker, if that was a Street Glide I would Have it in my chu, um er I mean Have my picture with it. in my chu. [sm=escape.gif][sm=teetertooter.gif][sm=trust_me.gif]I aint done nothing....

Old 03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

ORIGINAL: bedellb

Is it all personnal preference or is there really something to the performance difference of highway miles between stock and modified?
I believe its not how fast you get there but the ride that counts. I have changed the headers, mufflers, air filter and done the stage 1 download but that will be it. the rest of what I do is to strictly add to the enjoyment of the ride however to each their own.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Velobob
Advanced

As an average American who has never served (and beyond the age to think about it), thank you! I don't know what you have been through or seen, but I hope you know we average Joe's appriciatewhat you have donewhether or not we think the politics of it is right or wrong. We all have a say-vote.
As for the bike, take your time.I have a new Ultra and I'm taking my time about performance upgrades. This forum is a wealth of information and there seems to be something new everyday. Until I decide, more chrome!
Bob

Old 03-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Rollon
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for serving our country!! I'm very thankful that you are defending our country. I spent 35 yrs as a weapons engineer (civil service) and know that we must defend our way of life or it will be taken from us!

I have an 06 Ultra with Stage 1 and the pipe upgrade. I bought the bike used, 6 months old, and that came with it! I really like the addtional power and the "noise"! I'd recommend it!

God Bless!!

Quick Reply: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!?