Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just another e-bay rant

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:03 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default just another e-bay rant

AAARRRGGG!!!.. just got a pair of the comfort profile saddlebag guards off e -bay for my vertically challenged wife..(she says the stock ones dig into the back of her legs)..soooooo..these are listed as "NEW"..so i save a few bucks , wait a week or two and great! they arrive..with 2 holes drilled thru both sides on both guards for rails!!..scabby rusty holes..."new" my a##..now comes the fight..last time for me and e-bay..i'll go to the forum or dealer from now on...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: just another e-bay rant

Sorry about your situation. But it's not ebay. It is the seller. Best thing you can do is try to get it resolved and move on. Plenty of legit and honest sellers on ebay. You just have to be cautious and when in doubt ask questions. When in serious doubt move on to the next item.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:53 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: fathertime

AAARRRGGG!!!.. just got a pair of the comfort profile saddlebag guards off e -bay for my vertically challenged wife..(she says the stock ones dig into the back of her legs)..soooooo..these are listed as "NEW"..so i save a few bucks , wait a week or two and great! they arrive..with 2 holes drilled thru both sides on both guards for rails!!..scabby rusty holes..."new" my a##..now comes the fight..last time for me and e-bay..i'll go to the forum or dealer from now on...
Are you sure the hole isn't for the saddlebag support? I bought the same crash bars on ebay. They have a place for the saddlebag support to attach. Had to buy the supports too since my you can't use the stock supports. Check it out.
Steve

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/B4E6C90FF86C46EAA9A55D902843583D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/8E4BC084E68B42DAA53B7126ABE7E17C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
CoyoteJoe
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its nice when they post real photos, you can see the condition then. I don't bid on things without photos, and I'm careful about folks using "stock" photos unless they have lots of good feedback.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:14 AM
99igor
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post negative feedback and notify ebay about the specific auction listing. If you payed with paypal they can get envolved too.

I have purchased and sold a lot of stuff on ebay and once I had a problem with someone bidding on something and then retracting right before the end. By the time I got ready to do somthing about it the guy was already removed by ebay. I did not loose a thing.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You can get your money back through Ebay's dispute procedure.

I've had very good experience buying and selling on Ebay; but, there are sellers who don't describe the product accurately--they'll usually have a poor feedback score because they've done it to other people--so Idon't buy from sellers with more than one negative feedback and I always ask some questions--if they don't answer I don't buy.

But ebay isn't for everyone; you may be one.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 AM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

I agree, need to pay particular attention to the feedback ratings of sellers, buyer beware!!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
BigDaddy2
Tourer

There's nothing wrong with EBAY, but I agree, check the sellers feedback and e-mail him with specific questions, then when you receive a response, print it out. Also print out a picture of item. Take your time buying, they'll always be another of what you want.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:04 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ebay is like any group of large people there is usually gonnabe a few ********, y ahave to sometimes take the good with the bad, try to list em correctly and recoup some of your money back , I think they changed the rules so sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore so leave him a negative to warn future buyers.

Old 03-01-2008, 01:06 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have bought numerous items off ebay, the results have been good, there are bad ebayers, pay close attention to the feedback, that's usually a good indication. sorry for you bad expereince..

Quick Reply: just another e-bay rant