Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fault codes on Thundermax

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 07:08 PM
harleykris
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fault codes on Thundermax

While loading my map, when I get to the page that says "clear fault codes", I clear them, but right away two of them re-appear and the seconds start to count up. They're for the front and rear cylinder and say "EGO". Any ideas?

Old 02-27-2008, 07:09 PM
kdietz
Road Captain
Default RE: Fault codes on Thundermax

No problem.....always like that

Old 02-27-2008, 07:18 PM
harleykris
Tourer

Okay, I'll leave it alone. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:35 PM
cowboyglide
Banned

I have an 07 SG with Tmax and after I cleared the codes initially it showed 0 codes. After a yearI still have no codes when I check.I would call Zippersbecause I don't think you should be showing any codes after clearing them unless something is wrong and needs to be addressed.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleykris

While loading my map, when I get to the page that says "clear fault codes", I clear them, but right away two of them re-appear and the seconds start to count up. They're for the front and rear cylinder and say "EGO". Any ideas?
Just recently went through same thing. The diagnostic is not configured to read the o2 sensors and will show an occuring fault.It may at some time in the future perform this but not now.Use the afr front and rear guages to confirm the 19.36 for o2 sensor checks instead. This quirk is mentioned in the pdf in the diagnostics section.
Ron

Old 02-27-2008, 07:39 PM
harleykris
Tourer

Thanks Cglide. It seems to me when I first installed it all the codes read zero and stayed there. I'll Call bart tomorrow and see if he can walk me through this. Everything seemed fine until I did the firmwear update.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:10 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

If you updated to the 4.5-4.6 Firmware, I believe this is the cause. I stayed with v4.4 and never had the problem, but like Karl said, don't worry about it Zippers is probably on it with a fix in the future.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 PM
harleykris
Tourer

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll re-load everything tomorrow. Gonna start fresh. For some reason, after I upgraded the firmware, the bike didn't seem to run as good. Pulled the plugs and they're kinda on the white side. Also had some pinging under hard throttle. Somethin just doesn't seem right. It seemed to run better before the firmware upgrade[>:]

Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleykris

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll re-load everything tomorrow. Gonna start fresh. For some reason, after I upgraded the firmware, the bike didn't seem to run as good. Pulled the plugs and they're kinda on the white side. Also had some pinging under hard throttle. Somethin just doesn't seem right. It seemed to run better before the firmware upgrade[>:]
Going back to pre-dated firmware has some sort of ritual. PM Karl(kdietz) and see if he remembers how to do it or where to send you for that info. I don't think it's as simple as just reflashing with older firmware. Everybody seems to like the new firmware, so it may pay to stick with it until Zippers can get the bugs out.

I ran 4.4 up until I sold my TMax, which was this week, and I NEVER had a problem with ANYTHING. Sometimes fixing it till it breaks ain't good.

EDIT: Truth be known if you get an "EGO" fault code you should consult Sigmund Freud. He's the paint chip eater that came up with the wacked explanation for that.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

Yup. Normal with the updated firmware. You shouldn't see those codes when the bike is running, only when it's not.

Quick Reply: Fault codes on Thundermax